JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION: |
This position is responsible for resolving supplier inquiries, entering supplier invoices and performing research on invoices that do not match.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Answer main phone line for supplier inquiries.
- Accept supplier inquiries via mail, email, fax or phone.
- Communicate the research results to the supplier within 20 days of receipt of the inquiry.
- Record and manage the work inside the imaging and workflow system. Name the source of the error so those interested can make improvements.
- Accurately key all relevant data from the supplier?s invoice. Enter all invoices the same day received to earn all available cash discounts.
- Research invoices that do not successfully match to product receiving reports including past due invoices.
- Monitor incoming paper invoices when the supplier has been converted to EDI. Communicate needed changes to reduce extra work.
- Track and report the invoice match rate to interested supervisors.
A teammate in this position must:
- Have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Be able to communicate well at all levels both verbally and in writing.
- Be able to assess and prioritize work to meet, company, department and supplier deadlines.
- Have six months or more of data entry experience.
- Be able to type 40 WPM using PC and 10 key speed of 100 KPM with 95% accuracy.
- Have bookkeeping and/or accounts payable experience very desirable.
- Have knowledge of Oracle is desirable.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an equal opportunity employer.