McLane is a $44 billion dollar supply chain services leader, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores, and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery, McLane Foodservice and recent foodservice acquisition, Meadowbrook Meat company, Inc., (MBM), operates 80 distribution centers and one of the nation's largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 90,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcohol beverage distribution via McLane Beverage Distribution, Inc., and its acquisitions of Empire Distributors, Inc., Horizon Wine & Spirits and Delta Wine & Spirits. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs 20,000 teammates globally. For more information, please visit www.mclaneco.com .
Administration Job Description
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for ensuring payroll is processed correctly for their assigned divisions; verifying all payroll interfaces are balanced for each payroll cycle; producing off cycle checks as required; and providing documentation and training for their assigned divisions? accounting payroll clerks and driver payroll clerks as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Balance and validate payroll for each assigned division for each payroll cycle including:
- All payroll interface files
- Data validation queries
- Data validation reports
- Provide level-1 system troubleshooting for division questions regarding PeopleSoft operation and usage Including:
- PeopleSoft Payroll
- McLane Driver Payroll
- McLane Time & Attendance (later PeopleSoft Time & Labor)
- PeopleSoft HR/Benefits employee setup
- PeopleSoft Query
- Fundamental Payroll rules and regulations
- Excel usage
- Establish and process routine divisional and global data audits.
- Setup and maintain garnishment orders for all forms of wage assignments from federal, state, and local entities.
- Provide training for division payroll clerk and driver payroll clerk position when required due to turnover.
- Serve as the backup payroll clerk and/or driver payroll clerk for unexpected personnel outages at the division level.
A teammate in this position must:
- Have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of 2 years payroll experience.
- Have a minimum of 2 or more years PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Possess a fundamental knowledge of computer systems to include Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Maintain a working knowledge of wage and employment laws.
- Be able to prioritize and delegate when necessary.
- Have the ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse groups.
- Possess great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to multi-task and solve a variety of different problems.
McLane - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...