Under supervision, to perform routine clerical and keyboarding tasks, and to perform other duties as required.
Example of Duties:
The majority of duties performed are to be of the nature described below; however, positions in this classification may perform some duties which are normally associated with other classification.
1. Types or keys and proofreads simple or routine documents from rough draft, plain copy, or dictated material (e.g. correspondence, reports, forms, envelopes, index cards, lists, and other similar material).
2. Prepares routine correspondence, forms, and reports in accordance with specific procedures or instructions.
3 . Maintains general and routine files by alphabetical, numerical, or other predetermined order, and makes changes to filed materials as instructed.
4 . Checks a variety of records, forms, applications, accounts, computer printouts, statistical tables, and other materials for accuracy and completeness.
5 . Posts data to manual records and enters data into and retrieves data from a computer system.
6 . Receives, processes, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
7 . Duplicates, assembles, collates, and distributes a wide variety of materials.
8 . Assists in compiling a variety of routine information.
9. May receive and prepare receipts for routine payment of fees due and bills rendered.
10. Operates a variety of modern office equipment such as a typewriter, computer, word processing equipment, copy and microfilm machine, fax machine, adding machine, and calculator.
11. Establishes and maintains effective working relations with co-workers, employees, and the public.
12. Performs other duties as required.
Essential Knowledge and Abilities
1. Keyboarding abilities and able to pass a keyborading skills test of at least 40 net words per minute
2. Ability to adhere to laws and regulations regarding confidential client information.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
4. Ability to utilize different health information softward applications to complete job tasks
5. Ability to file medical records and loose filings, according to pre-determined chart arder and filing method.
6. Ability to accept instructions from various unit team members.
7. Ability to adapt to different working environments, interruptions in workflow and assignments based on varying workloads.
8. Ability to work independently
1. Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
2. Previous health information records experience specific to file protocol, content management and general medical terminaology is preferred. Will consider graduates or current student in a Health Information Technology program.
Regular tasks include:
Filing and pulling charts to meet the needs of our customers
Filing loose documents into charts
Assisting with chart delivery/chart location tracking
Various data entry assignments
Waukesha County, WI - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -