Client Executive/Account Manager
Location : Long Island or New York, NY
Work Market is one of NYC's hottest startups. We launched 3 years ago and have blazed a path in the labor market, signing up hundreds of big companies to our platform and staffing thousands of freelance and contractors daily. Backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital and Softbank , we are growing like crazy and have our sights set on changing the labor market forever.
We just raised $10MM to invest in sales and marketing and help us ramp and scale the organization. This is an opportunity to get in early and take advantage of a muti-billion dollar opportunity. In addition to option grants, we have a lucrative compensation plan that rewards high performers in a big way.
Our offering is a saas based platform that enables enterprise organizations to find, hire and manage contractors and freelancers at scale.
This position reports directly to the VP of Sales. The Client Executive’s primary responsibilities are to assist with customer onboarding and managing accounts once the client has been fully acquired. The Client Executive will provide consultation to customers to strengthen their platform knowledge and adoption and maximize their return on investment by driving ongoing usage of the platform, educating the customer on best practices and providing quarterly business reviews with the customer.
Critical responsibilities also include achievement of monthly and annual goals for customer usage, overall financial performance and assessment of the risk of platform attrition. They will be the lead interface for securing and delivering value added insight to client’s leadership team in an effort to meet the needs of their business. This leader will manage several Enterprise level accounts with a total annual revenue generation of between $10-12M and expectations to grow that revenue by 10%+ per year.
- Managing the customer relationship, providing regular account updates and gaining a deep understanding of the customer’s business
- Establishing a trusted advisor relationship that works to ensure customer’s overall satisfaction with Work Market
- Acting as a communication liaison between the Customer and Work Market, including sharing product road map and releases with the customer and facilitating feedback to Work Market’s product management team
- Developing success plans for customers that outline their critical success factors, metrics for success, potential issues, and provide recommendations
- Forecasting on an account level and achieving account growth targets of 5-10% YoY
- Identifying new opportunities for revenue, creating a plan to capture white space and forecasting the overall business
- Monitoring and facilitating the customer’s adoption of our platform, features and functionality and understanding of their overall business needs as they relate to our products
- Leveraging customer relationships as needed for prospect references.
- Prioritizing and driving resolution on escalated customer issues
- Conducting a quarterly business review with assigned customers by analyzing usage and performance with key stakeholders and by delivering the best practices required to ensure high adoption and ROI
- Travel (as needed) to customer meetings and trade events
- Complete renewal risk assessment call prior to contract end date in order to provide an accurate renewal forecast
- 5 or more years of experience in a customer services role (consulting or account management), including 3+ years with a fast paced, start up company (SaaS based experience is a plus)
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with customers at all levels of the organization, including presenting to C-level executives
- Proven ability to engage across corporate functions, including sales, client services and product management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor degree required, at a minimum. Business or technical degree preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of CRM applications
- Proven Account Management skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships
- Extremely detail oriented
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Considerable interpersonal skills are mandatory, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others via phone, email and webinar
Work Market - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Work Market is a platform for management of labor and human resource services. We give businesses access to an on-demand scalable work force...