We are looking for a Software Engineer to work on extending the client libraries that connect applications to Riak, our database. You'll work in the same flat engineering team that develops Riak, but with a focus upwards into the application stack. We currently need somebody with a strong Java background but expect that you'll work on other Riak client libraries too.
This position is a remote position (USA) or can be based out of one of our US locations in Cambridge, MA, San Francisco, CA or Herndon, VA.
You must be:
- Well versed in how programmers build real applications.
- Interested in helping users develop better applications on top of Riak
- Experienced in evolving simple, clean, usable APIs.
- Proficient in writing low level network code as well as multi-threaded code (without a framework). The bulk of the technical interview will revolve around concurrency, atomicity, and sockets / NIO.
- 3+ years experience with Java
- Has worked on non-trivial production applications using Java & UNIX outside of a web framework
- Professional experience in another common language Basho has a client in (python, PHP, ruby, erlang).
- Experience with network programming and networking deployment issues like load balancers.
- Experience building and nurturing communities around libraries.
- Background in database (relational or otherwise) design, tuning and implementation strongly encouraged.
- Knowledge and expertise in software engineering methodologies and effective unit testing.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills - you'll be working in a distributed environment of IM/VoIP/github.
Basho Technologies - 13 months ago