The International Finance Corporation, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused exclusively on the private sector. We help developing countries achieve sustainable growth by financing investment, providing advisory services to businesses and governments, and mobilizing capital in the international financial markets. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The Corporate Business Technologies Department (CBT) is the Information Technology department within IFC. CBT provides flexible, robust and secure IT solutions and services to enable IFC to achieve its mission and business objectives in all IFC locations worldwide.
CBT is commencing the process of building a Portal for Investment Operations (iPortal) with the goal of improving operational efficiency, effectiveness, and client satisfaction. The portal is expected to leverage new technology to support a globally distributed and mobile IFC workforce, operating in a constantly changing and competitive business environment. CBT is also working on the Partner Quality Improvement Project, a 3-year business process renewal program designed to clean up & maintain high quality partner information by identifying & validating one unique record for each IFC partner.
An opportunity exists within CBT for an Information Officer in the Investment Operations and AMC Portfolio team to serve as the project lead on the iPortal Program and the Partner Quality Improvement Project. The candidate will assume responsibility and oversight of daily activities related to these projects. The candidate will report to the Client Officer who has overall responsibility for the program.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Information Officer will be expected to:
• Serve as the project lead and execute the iPortal program and Partner Quality Improvement project under the guidance of the Project/Program manager as approved in the IT Work Program.
• Gain and maintain in-depth understanding of Investment Operations business processes and operating environment.
• Leverage knowledge of the clients’ business and processes and CBT’s capabilities to improve the use of existing tools and services and help in conceptualizing and initiating innovative solutions to emerging business problems.
• Lead functional requirements gathering during assessments of proposed IT projects/solutions, proactively monitoring progress during implementation and providing update and feedback to relevant stakeholders on progress and emerging issues.
• Facilitate prioritization of requirements (new development and enhancements) across the business area by identifying constraints with regard to delivery capacity, business area absorptive capacity, and windows of opportunity for deployment as defined by the PMO.
• Ensure the use of proper format and level of detail for documenting and communicating requirements with the information technology team and with business area experts. (Both groups must be able to read and review the document and clearly understand the requirements.)
• Strategically guide clients in the use of information systems and analytic solutions to improve their capability, productivity and effectiveness in the delivery of IFC’s products and services; globally.
• Facilitate agreement among multiple Sponsors to resolve business issues as they relate to IT development.
• Assist in identifying and agreeing on delivery approach (resourcing strategy, Governance Board approval, and project timeline) for capital projects.
• Coordinate with other functional teams in CBT, other dependent project teams and the Enterprise Architecture team to deliver the projects on scope and schedule.
• Compile and provide status updates of projects via weekly status meetings with Portfolio Head, and PMO.
• Work closely with CBT’s outreach and training team to raise the awareness of and training in the effective use of IT systems.
As a multinational, multicultural institution, success at IFC requires the ability to negotiate and facilitate trade-offs and build consensus and commitment to a recommended direction among multiple stakeholders, with broadly divergent frames of reference. In addition, the successful candidate must possess the highest personal and professional integrity, as demonstrated through strong personal values, as well as consistent words and actions. He or she must build and sustain strong collegial working relationships with other units of the IFC and the World Bank Group, and be comfortable approaching others assertively, responsibly and supportively.
• Masters degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Finance or Business Administration with a minimum 5 years of professional experience.
• Ability to translate the complexities of IT in a manner understood by non-technical stakeholders.
• Proven business judgment: Ability to distinguish between what is and is not critical, and to balance both strategic and short-term issues.
• Strong leadership, planning, and organizational skills combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• The position demands substantial experience for the analysis and definition of requirements for IT systems and platforms within a globally-distributed enterprise
• Demonstrated ability to manage client relationships combined with strong customer/client service orientation.
• Excellent facilitation and coordination skills and ability to lead group meetings.
• Ability to operate under pressure with accuracy and professionalism
• Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding work environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Highest ethical standards
• Industry certification in project management would be beneficial
• An in-depth understanding of IFC’s Investment operations and Advisory Services would be advantageous
Applications must be submitted online. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates can check the status of their applications by visiting www.ifc.org/careers.
IFC - 22 months ago
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries....