Client Operations Director, Custom Panels
Through proprietary global panels and research products and services, Lightspeed Research delivers valuable data to help businesses make informed decisions.
We have significantly grown since we were incorporated in May 2000. Our progress presents new and exciting opportunities - requiring creativity, new technologies, thought leadership, and operational excellence.
Lightspeed Research is part of the Kantar Group, one of the world's largest research, insight and consultancy networks and the research arm of WPP - the world leader in communications services. We have offices around the globe offering a wide range of career opportunities.
Primarily responsible for managing a Client Operations team supporting Custom Panels for key clients. This includes the development, execution, and supervision of all research/operational activities related to Custom Panels, including project set-up, recruitment, sampling, panel management, data collection, and data deliverables. Position reports to the Senior Vice President of Engage Panel Communities.
- Overseeing Client Operations staff in execution of client projects to ensure that all work meets Lightspeed quality standards and client timelines.
- Working effectively with clients, team members, and other Lightspeed Research colleagues throughout different departments by demonstrating excellent consultative and communication skills, as well as a strong market research background.
- Leading all aspects of projects to accomplish objectives, including respondent recruitment, questionnaire design, sample management, online reporting, data analysis, and providing oversight of project deliverables.
- Capable of successfully managing and overseeing many projects and able to effectively resolve conflicts and escalations as they occur.
- Effectively delegating assignments to direct reports, and providing feedback and coaching to promote growth, development and future advancement.
- Providing support, training, and mentorship to a team of Senior Project Managers, including new team members.
- Consulting and collaborating with Business Development and Panel Operations on project design, including creative solutions for custom panel development, respondent recruitment, panel engagement, and survey development.
- Maintaining a strong communication bridge with Business Development, Panel Operations, and Marketing teams.
- Working with VP of Client Operations to assess staffing needs to deliver against budgeted growth in sales.
- 10+ years experience in Market Research.
- Team management experience within Operations.
- Experience with online Market Research, particularly online panels.
- Knowledge of online recruitment methods and sources.
- Custom Panel and/or Community experience a plus.
- Questionnaire design, field, and tab knowledge.
Lightspeed Research is an equal opportunity employer
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills coupled with attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Demonstrate leadership to facilitate strong relationships between team managers, internal departments, and clients.
- Capable of balancing need for quality and value with need for responsiveness and proficiency in a fast-paced environment.
- Client-first mentality, personable, consensus builder, and good conflict management skills.
- Emphasize a positive attitude, flexibility and tactical solutions with focus on building trust and value with clients and other internal departments.
- Strong analytical skills geared towards developing strategies to improve and streamline existing processes, and create efficient processes that are mutually beneficial for the team and for clients.
- Ability to lead/coordinate all technical and operational aspects of building custom panels and fielding online surveys, including: client interaction, respondent recruitment, questionnaire design, sample selection, survey programming, data processing, project management, data tab specifications, data tab checking, and report preparation.
- PC proficiency using the Internet, Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SPSS, and web-based applications.
Lightspeed Research - 2 years ago