CLIENT SERVICES COORDINATOR - SF
Responsible for ensuring the Client Services Department provides the highest level of customer service to our brokers and internal and external customers. Under minimal supervision, works with clients, prospects, brokers, vendors, and internal operating departments to ensure the highest level of customer service is provided in accordance with company standards and service objectives.
- Resolves customer service issues, answers questions, acts as a liaison with service departments and troubleshoots, routinely-following up with all parties for resolution. Utilizes monitoring tools to ensure continued compliance.
- Collaborate with the Director of Client Services, team members and management team on effective service practices.
- Conduct quarterly and unit stat annual claim review meetings in accordance with account service thresholds.
- Provide timely and professional responses to our internal and external clients.
- Provide timely feedback to loss control, underwriting and marketing departments on account issues.
- Organize and conduct telephonic and face to face meetings with large account policy holders in accordance with account service thresholds.
- Organize and conduct prospect calls/meetings to represent our specialty services.
- Travel is required. Up to 70%.
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelors degree preferred. Minimum three to five years of California Workers’ Compensation claims handling experience required.
- LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- MATH ABILITY: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient on the Microsoft Professional Suite of software, particularly Excel; expertise of Internet software and Systema claims system.
- PRIOR EXPERIENCE: 1 to 5 years of progressive responsible work experience in a worker compensation claims and service environment.
- CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: IEA, WCCP, Self Insured Certificate, ARM or CPCU a plus.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Disability and AD&D
- Retirement & Savings Plan with 100% employer match up to 5% of salary
- Education Assistance Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Pasadena, Omaha, St. Louis, Atlanta, and Dallas.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway insurance group, BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating, the highest rating they award insurance carriers. Our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. At the same time, our financial strength provides our agents and customers the security rarely available in a regional specialty carrier.
We value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Our structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages our employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which 'team players' thrive.