The primary focus of this position is to provide support to the Associate Director of Graduate Center Client Services by serving as the first point of contact for prospective and current graduate students and APU faculty and staff, and to assist in the coordination of overall Graduate Center office functions for all Graduate Center employees.
- 3-5 years customer service
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
Serves on the front lines of customer service for Graduate Center services, answering pertinent questions about graduate programs and services and/or directing them to the appropriate individual on campus; requires the ability to retain and recall detailed information of the Graduate Center’s policies and procedures.
Greets all walk-in visitors to the Graduate Center
Answers all incoming phone calls to the Graduate Center to include the general APU 1-800 line for graduate programs.
Interfaces with student database and general software on a daily basis.
Maintains a pleasant, professional office atmosphere, interfacing with campus constituencies in a professional manner; maintains professionalism of the Graduate Center Client Services reception area.
Assists with the coordination of office functions to ensure the smooth operation and coordination of multiple departments within the Graduate Center. Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Assists the Associate Director with the organization, tracking, and documentation for Graduate Center records and budget for centralized services. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Initiates and ensures the completion of all work orders for equipment and building maintenance
- Schedules ergonomic evaluations for all Grad Center staff
- Orders business cards and nameplates for Grad Center staff
- Assists as needed with purchasing and inventory management for all Graduate Center office supplies and stationery
2. Communicates with all Graduate Center staff to coordinate meetings and meeting related details, new employee information, and other notification involving Graduate Center staff.
- Opening and tracking Graduate Center purchase orders
- Assisting with the inputting, tracking, and monthly reconciliation of Reconciling all expenses to each budget line using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and formulas
- Interfacing with University database to track purchase orders and budget lines
- Maintaining other budget-related documents
- Gathering and reporting information from student assistant supervisors to track student assistant spending
3. Collects edits for the Graduate Center webpages and submits to University Relations to ensure monthly updating of the Graduate Center website.
4. Completes other projects as assigned by the Associate Director.
- Competent in Microsoft Excel and Word and proficient in other Microsoft Office products.
- 50 wpm with accuracy.
- PC Proficient.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good telephone skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to balance heads down projects with customer service responsibilities.
- Knowledge of office operations and equipment.
- Good organization skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Logical problem solving.
- Able to work under pressure with distractions.
- Ability to keep confidential information and provide supervision to others.
- Requires repetitive finger and wrist motions, sitting at a computer keyboard.
- Able to conduct business at various offices on campus.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Able to lift, grasp, bend, reach to top of file cabinet.
- Ability to lift to 20 lbs occasionally.
- Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
- Pleasant office, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.