Summary: Performs a variety of client maintenance/ management functions including client setup, client specific cost accounting and invoicing processes. Uses office automated systems to input data, generate reports, conduct specialized research projects and respond to inquiries. May reconcile difficult accounts. May maintain a complete and systematic set of transactions in a specific phase of accounting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the billing process for assigned area/ clients and inspectors, including review of completed inspection reports and production backup, processing invoices per specific client specifications, and delivery of all required inspection documents to client.
- Sets up clients in applicable accounting and production systems promptly to include billing terms, pricing, and inspection types and intervals per the client contract.
- Reviews accepted proposals/contracts to ensure that client has agreed to our terms and conditions, and that contract pricing/ matches with project set up in applicable systems.
- Runs and reviews unbilled reports/ draft invoices on a weekly basis correcting errors as needed.
- Manages and maintains assigned contracts including updates of new worksites, billing terms and conditions, renewals and terminations, etc.
- Follows up with Operations Managers, Inspectors, and Clients as needed to resolve any issues delaying the billing process.
- Communicates any issues/ discrepancies regarding inspections directly to client and coordinates resolution activities with Inspectors.
- Conducts training of Inspection staff, as needed, to ensure compliance with the proper completion of production reports, time sheets, and expense reports.
- Review and provide final month end reports on WIP (Work in process/Unbilled revenue),
- Maintains client billing files to include signed proposal/contract, all invoices generated with copies of supporting technical reports.
- Assists/ support Operations Managers and the Finance team in Accounts Receivable and Collections efforts.
- Knowledge of or previous experience with elevator maintenance or inspections, or other industrial maintenance services.
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly obtain specifications on various state and municipal Inspection Codes and ordinances/ standards
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, highly demanding, and often ambiguous environment
- Ability to obtain and analyze data, and utilize to develop and implement processes to drive efficiency
- Excellent communication skills with high level of English proficiency, both written and verbal
- Proven negotiation and client service skills, with the ability to make and drive quick, sound decisions
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong math and analytical skills
Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, document and database software (MS Office, Excel, Access, Adobe Acrobat). Knowledge and use of ERP systems (Deltek, Oracle, etc.) desired.
Associates or Bachelors degree (preferred) in Business or Accounting with 2 to 5 years of heavy client services experience in a high-volume industrial service or manufacturing organization, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bureau Veritas - 12 months ago
Verily, Bureau Veritas says unto the business world: If you can't measure it, you can't manage it. Bureau Veritas provides...