Position: Client Side Developer
Athletes’ Performance is the global leader in integrated performance training for the top athletes in the world. From our four world-class facilities in Arizona, Southern California, Florida and Texas, Athletes’ Performance trains the top Champions in Sport, including 14 2012 NFL first round picks, 87 MLB players in 2012 alone, and 3 of the final 16 teams in the 2010 World Cup, as well as elite military operators and leading teams globally. Our work at AP takes us to China, Germany, Argentina, the UK, and many places in between, as we are helping to power the performance of athletes around the world.
In addition to supporting top athletes and teams, we leverage our proprietary methodology and systems to help high school and college athletes, military personnel, and leading executives redefine what’s possible, delivering unmatched results with a world-class experience. Athletes’ Performance was named one of Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Sports in 2011, and is a fixture in top media outlets including the NFL Network, ESPN, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, and Men’s Health.
Founded in 1999 by industry visionary Mark Verstegen, Athletes’ Performance is a thought leader in the human performance space. In addition to athlete, military, and executive programming, AP is home to a Performance Innovation Team, a cross-functional team of experts that is constantly evaluating all programming and associated technology that the company delivers while driving innovation forward internally and with our team of leading partners. AP also has a dedicated Education team that conducts our industry-acclaimed Mentorship programs both at our U.S. facilities and around the world.
Athletes’ Performance created the Core Performance brand to help people live healthier, higher-performing lives. Today, Core Performance is the leader in proactive wellness, delivering measurable results through integrated, data-driven programs that are rooted in advanced science and research for employees and corporations. CP solutions are engaging, personalized, and sustainable, yielding meaningful results for employees and a competitive advantage for employers.
Athletes’ Performance Inc. is backed by Polaris Ventures, Walgreens Corporation, and ABS Capital. Along with our world-class investment team, AP is proud to have a team of leading partners committed to supporting human performance, including adidas, SKLZ, EAS, Sheraton, Keiser, Intel, Tignum, Axon Potential, and Zeo.
Enjoy working out…a good solution to a UX challenge? That’s great, because keeping fit goes with the territory in our applications development department. We’re finding new ways to get more people more fit and the web is a great way to engage our clients’ employees. We’re putting new features into our legacy programs – if you consider 4 years enough time for an application to become “legacy”, and we’re also experimenting with new ideas that jump from proof-of-concept to revenue-generating faster than you can put up a new EC2 image in AWS. So, if you’re ready to engage your skills in a dynamic environment, let us know.
We want to talk with you if:
- You are on top of how to make awesome experiences using HTML5 with Canvas or WebGL. AJAX doesn’t daunt you.
- You’ve heard of WebSocket and you may even know how to make them work and why.
- You are tenacious about solving problems and making things right.
- You play well with others: sometimes you’ll be the tech lead on a project, responsible for everything from realizing the wireframes to writing up the deployment instructions; other times, you’ll be part of a small team (all our teams are small!) with a role and a goal.
- You can use Photoshop to slice and dice a stack of comps to produce all the graphical assets a web page needs, plus you might know a few additional operations to get the graphics right.
- You are proficient with the tools of the trade: Subversion, maybe Eclipse, maybe new things that you can teach us.
- You are comfortable (you might say “you prefer...”) an agile environment where proofs of concept, prototypes, and partial requirements abound.
- You are multi-disciplinary to the extent that you enjoy working on large chunks of a project (no, “chunk” isn’t quite a technical term).
- You know that Accessibility is important and you realize it is as much an art as a science.
- You’re aware of the security vulnerabilities intrinsic to client-side development and you know a few nice ways to keep your code robust and secure.
- You are disciplined enough to work efficiently, track your progress, meet your commitments, understand how to spend your time, and be responsible for your part.
- You understand our need for quality – you’ll have some fun with our coding test, but you’ll show your finest chops so we hire you for all the right reasons: API is world-class in everything we do.
Athletes' Performance/Core Performance conducts post-offer Background Check