Reach Your Peak with ICMA-RC, a FINANCIAL SERVICES LEADER in public sector employee retirement products and services. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our Financial Services Corporation manages over $40 billion in retirement plan assets for more than one million participant accounts. We are constantly looking for ways to create new opportunities to serve our participants. We have an extraordinary talent base and invite you to consider joining ICMA-RC's Client Services team.
This position is primarily responsible for the daily analysis, research, processing support, and quality assurance review related to retirement plan account corrections by researching, analyzing, calculating, posting, and accounting for any corrections, which need to be made to retirement plan accounts. This associate will ensure accuracy and completeness of basic account corrections, maintenance, and other actions to retirement plan accounts while providing appropriate communication to clients. This associate will be working in multiple capacities and functions, so a basic knowledge of financial services and operations is preferred. Because of the nature of the work, the associate must have strong analytical and customer service skills, a commitment to quality, basic knowledge of the retirement plan industry, and a comfort level with an increasing processing volume environment.
Essential functions for this role include:
• Research, analyze, calculate, and post detail in the OmniPlus record keeping system for account corrections submitted by various units throughout the Corporation using all applicable checklists provided. The associate will need to have a broad-based knowledge of all retirement plan account transactions since account corrections include, but are not limited to, indicative data changes, fund transfers, contributions, plan transfers, conversions, distributions, and loan-related corrections. Using analytical skills, the associate will apply appropriate rules for acceptance of requests and communicate problems to clients. Generate and review appropriate correspondence including daily transaction confirmations. Review daily control reports and reconcile as necessary.
• Prepare basic account corrections using the proper systems, processing steps, transactions, and applicable transaction codes required to process correctly in an automated daily record keeping system, which may require coordination with other units.
• Gain an understanding of how systems are correlated and will reflect the adjustment in client-facing applications and statements, such as internet applications accessed by investors and plan sponsors, as well as quarterly statements.
• Maintain an accurate audit trail of account corrections using the unit's peripheral application for tracking account corrections and include appropriate back-up when required.
• Quality assure account corrections using all appropriate edits, both before and after transactions are posted to the system, to ensure accuracy of data entered.
• Quality assure account corrections prepared by other associates, at both the research and correction phases, to ensure accuracy of logic and plan for resolution.
• Provide clients with all essential communication required to ensure that account corrections are being addressed efficiently and accurately.
• Assist in the processing of other tasks including, but not limited to, special processing functions, fund balance and account reconciliation, participant and employer statement review, and monitoring of all applicable workflow queues.
• Other duties as assigned.
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
• BA/BS Degree or equivalent work-related experience.
• 1-2 years experience in accounting, financial services or similar environment working with a retirement plan record keeping system is a plus.
• Ability to research and resolve account discrepancies.
• Ability to handle public contact in a professional, cordial manner.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Experience with OmniPlus record keeping (or equivalent system).
• Experience with adjustment processing.
• Experience with laws and regulations dealing with retirement plans.
• Knowledge of other systems used by ICMA-RC including external customer facing applications and internal peripheral applications.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
For your well-being, we offer a solid compensation and benefits package that features a competitive salary, a straight-forward incentive plan that rewards results, and a 401(k) Plan.
For your career, we offer tuition reimbursement, professional development courses, seminars, career enrichment assignments, mentoring programs and a record of enterprise growth that creates continuing opportunities for career advancement.
Consider ICMA-RC, and respond in strictest confidence. ICMA-RC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
ICMA-RC - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard