Client-Server Programmer (Unix, SQL, C#, Java, DB2)
Searching for a qualified candidate to join a dynamic new development team working on a multi-year project to manage bulk commodities which includes coal, grain, stone, etc. This position provides the opportunity for the individual to be involved with back office web development, data warehouse report development, and extensive testing. Other responsibilities include possible 24x7 support for mission critical applications, problem trouble-shooting and resolution, and assisting with development of junior developers.
· Excellent application design skills
· Excellent Web Development skills in a UNIX client/server environment
· Working knowledge of .net, MQ, Java, and C#
· Thorough understanding of Relational Databases including DB2 and SQL Server
· Familiarity with testing methodologies, strategies, and automated tools
· Strong teamwork ethic and customer support focus
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· 5+ years in an enterprise information technology environment with much of the last three years spent developing client-server applications using any of the following languages: SQL, C#, Microsoft Visual Basic, Java
· 3+ years developing applications using SQL against large sized relational databases.
· Experience developing applications using online transaction processing accessed by large numbers of users
· 3 + years experience programming multi-tier client/server applications on UNIX platforms
· Experience developing applications within a disciplined development methodology such as SDLC, UML, etc.
· Experience supporting mission critical applications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle on both new and ongoing projects
· Independently and collaboratively write and review software requirements, design specifications, code, unit tests, release notes and UML
· Serve as a technical resource for internal and external clients
· Demonstrated capacity for seeking, evaluating and coming up to speed on new technologies
· Must effectively communicate with other team members, managers and customers both in writing and verbally
· Provide troubleshooting, analysis and resolution of application software issues
Experience, Education and Licensure:
· BS Degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline