Clinic Director – |
Outpatient Mental Health Clinic: Vida Guidance Center – Bronx, NY
Comunilife is a premier provider of housing, mental health, and HIV/AIDS services in New York City. Our programs benefit more than 2,500 people each year – helping them overcome challenges related to extreme poverty; chronic homelessness; serious behavioral and medical issues; and, linguistic and acculturation barriers.
Our staff members work with a supportive team of supervisors and peers, receive in-depth training and ongoing opportunities for professional development, and, are part of an organization that recognizes, celebrates, and promotes personal and cultural strengths.
We are looking for a Clinic Director for our VIDA Guidance Center (VGC), outpatient mental health clinic. VGC, located in the Bronx, opened in 1994 as the first mental health clinic in New York City dedicated to the treatment of persons with HIV/AIDS, mental illness and substance abuse. VGC provides bilingual/bicultural outpatient mental health services for children, adolescents, adults and families. The Clinic Director will be responsible for the overall clinical and administrative operation of an NYS-OMH Article 31 outpatient mental health clinic which provides quality mental health services. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Training, supervising and evaluating staff.
- Maintaining quality control of case records, reports, and statistics.
- Overseeing preparation for all program audits.
- Implementing necessary systems in compliance with NYS OMH & NYC-DOHMH certification requirements.
- Establishing and fostering community/provider relationships; and participating in agency management and planning activities.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible experience as the Director of an Article 31 or Article 28 outpatient mental health clinic.
- Knowledge of health policy, including health care reform; industry standards in the provision of community mental health services; clinical trends and research.
- Desire to provide quality health care services and to develop the administrative and clinical staff, in a well managed mental health care facility.
- Experience with Medicaid/Medicare and private insurance billing requirements.
- An understanding of funding and industry regulations and a track record of meeting compliance standards.
- Experience with medical billing software platforms, and IMA experience in particular is preferred.
- Strong leadership, excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent and comprehensive program of benefits for eligible employees that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, pension, 401K and paid time off.
- Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW) from an accredited university and licensed in New York State (LCSW)
- Medicare credentialed
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please refer to the specific job title for which you are applying when submitting your application. Cover letters and resumes may also be faxed to Human Resources at 212-564-3445.
Comunilife is an equal opportunity employer.
Comunilife - 2 years ago