The Clinical Manager is responsible for the clinical aspects of the Advanced Wound Center.
• Collaborates with the Program Director and Medical Director to coordinate services in providing quality care to patients with chronic non-healing wounds.
• Works within the framework of the State Nurse Practice Act and follows all AWC and hospital policies and procedures.
• Coordinates operational clinical systems with the Program Director and Office Coordinator on a daily basis.
• Assists the Program Director with the overall operations of the AWC in his/her absence.
Long Description :
Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities
The Clinical Manager will be able to demonstrate the following essential competencies, duties and responsibilities:
- Seek out and obtain advanced knowledge, credentials, specialty exams, training and education for clinical/administrative/managerial role.
- Integrate/utilize knowledge and skills from literature, research, educational opportunities into the clinical setting for holistic assessment, comprehensive wound evaluation and management and coordination of patient care.
- Provide continuity of care for patients in collaboration with physicians with accountability for planning, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive wound care involving multiple disciplines and sites of care.
- Function as a case manager and in other clinic roles and serves as a role model for clinical staff.
- Evaluate monthly adherence to the Clinical Pathway (Clinical Indicators) and take corrective action in collaboration with the Medical Director and Program Director.
- Work with Corporate Clinical Resources to augment clinical functions within the AWC. Implement clinical recommendations made during clinical review visits.
- Orient new clinical personnel to the Clinical Pathway, case management,clinic roles and responsibilities, performance improvement activities and chronic wound management.
- Manage and evaluate clinical functions and implement improvement action plans as necessary.
- Review new patients weekly to evaluate timely application of the clinical pathway. Make recommendations and evaluate follow up activities with the clinical staff.
- Demonstrate competence in patient and family education including but not limited to etiology, comprehensive wound care, dressings, edema control, specialty foot care and life style changes.
- Assume patient advocate role, protecting patient rights.
- Function as back-up coverage for hyperbaric technician, if designated.
- Ensure quality control daily on department glucometer, or as required by policy.
- Ensure quality activities for additional center equipment as indicated and required by policy.
- Participate with the Program Director in the review of clinic operations and preparation of regular statistical and narrative reports. Ensure accuracy of all statistical information prior to submission.
- Assume fiscal responsibility of the clinic through collaboration with the Program Director in creation of the budget and independent follow up to maintain operations with the established Accelecare Wound Centers budget parameters. Provide timely justification/corrective action for budget variances to the Program Director. Gather, analyze, evaluate and prepare information on needs and trends regarding staffing, procedures, equipment and training. Submit to the Program Director and maintain documentation for all regulatory bodies.
- Integrate knowledge of reimbursement into patient communication, collaborating with third party payors and professionals.
- Work with the Office Coordinator to ensure smooth, efficiently run clinics.
- Provide supervisory support to the data base information system; maintain a working knowledge of the overall system, clinical data input, generating reports, troubleshooting and general policies and procedures.
- Responsible for management and development of clinical staff, functions, activities and appropriate patient care assignments during clinic hours.
- Manage clinic staff, in collaboration with the Program Director, including the hiring, disciplining, discharging, performance review, orientation and utilization.
- Oversee case management development and implementation for all patients, assuring comprehensive care with appropriate staffing levels.
- Ensure staff attendance at mandatory education and monitoring of safe practices and safety education, including but not limited to, hazardous waste, CPR, body mechanics, infection control, exposure control, adverse reporting, fire and disaster planning.
- Responsible for clinical oversite for the treatment of hyperbaric patients.
- Participate in continuous performance improvement initiatives, with Corporate Clinical Resources, Medical Director, and Program Director.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of diagnostic data related to wound care by the ability to review cases for quality improvement, identifying key diagnostic data needed and integrating it into assessment, care and outcome.
- Exercise clinical competence and monitor to ensure quality is provided through implementation of a plan of care in accordance with the pathway for wound care and policies and procedures.
- Implement and evaluate for care, goal development, outcome criteria and target dates which reflect appropriate nursing and medical diagnoses.
- Conduct wound healing review per policy and maintain documentation of all quality review activities. Ensure all recommendations are activated into physician orders.
- Arrange with the Program Director, no less than quarterly, medical staff and clinic staff meetings. Maintain documentation of these meetings.
- Ensure utilization of all appropriate database reports in performance improvement activities. Orient staff and physicians to clinical database reports available for review.
- Ensure that all proper communication is sent to referring physicians in a timely manner.
- Facilitate communication between Accelecare, Hospital and center.
- Follow proper channels of communication, anticipating and consistently handling daily routine problems, while recognizing complex issues that need referral to the Program Director.
- Maintain positive communication inter- and intra-departmentally.
- Support and encourage harmonious working relationships and team building skills.
- Demonstrate excellent rapport with difficult and demanding customers.
- Consistently demonstrate openness to receiving and giving constructive feedback.
- Identify problems/concerns and discuss them professionally.
- Adjust scheduled time off to meet department needs.
- Ensure that time and attendance policies are followed.
- Support and adhere to AWC/Hospital administrative and Nursing policies and procedures.
- Registered Nurse with current state license preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of nursing experience, ambulatory experience preferred
- Bachelors of Science preferred
- Prior management experience in an ambulatory setting preferred
Consultant : Chris King
Accelecare - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Accelecare is a leading national provider of inpatient, outpatient, and long term care wound management services. Accelecare partners with...