Job Title: Clinic Service Rep - OBGYN - RMCHP - Pearland
Job ID: 33525
Business Unit: SOMED
Full/Part Time: Full-Time (40 hours)
High School or equivalent. No experience required.
To provide technical expertise in the performance of clerical operations of an outpatient clinic area under direct supervision of the Clinic Service Representative IV, and through collaborative teamwork.
Commensurate with experience
This position is a Band Code: CS11
Specific Job Related Duties
- Locates patient records
- Initiates new chart documentation for the current visit
- Registers the patient in the computer
- Sees that the patient and family are kept informed in the waiting room.
- Verifies that patient visit information is complete, dispositions according to exam information and coding, collects funds and issues receipt (if applicable), schedules next appointment, and assures that referrals have been documented.
- Financial screens patients for appropriate funding source.
- Answers multi-line phones, routes calls, schedules patient appointments, and answers general patient questions.
- Maintains medical records room to assure easy and timely access to information.
- Receives and stores supplies.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Adheres to internal controls established by department.
- Performs related duties as required.
Seeking an individual with strong Spanish and English speaking skills.
Preferred Work Experience
Prefer at least one year of customer service and/or clerical experience.
Medical office experience is preferred.
UTMB clinic experience is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The University of Texas Medical Branch - 2 years ago