Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) offers employment opportunities in a variety of settings, including our downtown Minneapolis hospital and clinics, and neighborhood clinics throughout the metro area. We are committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families, and staff, and we encourage interested applicants with bilingual and bicultural skills to apply for positions at HCMC.
Minimum Education/Work Experience
-- Completion of an academic program appropriate to the position
-- Two (2) years of supervisory experience in an ambulatory care or physician group practice or academic medicine setting or a combination of education and relevant supervisory experience to total at least four (4) years
-- RN licensure
-- Bachelors degree in a field appropriate to the position plus two (2) years of supervisory experience in an ambulatory care or physician group practice or academic medicine setting.
-- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of Minnesota.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
-- Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills
-- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to collaborate with people at all levels in a matrix organization.
-- Ability to coach and develop employees and to hold them accountable for job performance is essential.
--Self-motiviated with well-developed problem-solving skills.
-- Ability to deal with shifting needs.
The Medicine Clinic Supervisor will work side-by-side with staff and directly supervise approximately 45 RN's, LPN's and MA's.
1. Responsible for management of daily operations of the program including designing, implementing, and maintaining clinical services to assure efficient patient flow.
2. In collaboration with program manager interviews, conducts employee orientation and performance reviews, and verifies employee competencies.
3. Ensures a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff, and maintains compliance with all safety requirements impacting areas of responsibility.
4. Determines and justifies staffing needs.
5. Provides support for physicians in resolving problems and addressing issues so that they can effectively practice medicine.
6. Works collaboratively with physicians and staff to improve optimize efficient and effective operations.
7. Promotes a congenial work environment among physicians and practice staff based on mutual respect
8. Establishes and monitors performance / quality improvement activities in the practice to comply with organizational expectations for providing effective care and efficient, patient-centered service. Engages staff in monitoring activities and facilitates staff selection of appropriate indicators
9. Demonstrates and fosters good customer service skills to promote optimal patient satisfaction.
10. Assists program manager in preparation of budget to ensure appropriate fiscal and human resource management of the practice
11. Oversees procurement and appropriate maintenance of medical and pharmaceutical supplies.
12. Assures on-going compliance with accreditation, credentialing, regulatory and professional standards, as well as HCMC policies and procedures impacting the clinical area.
13. Assists Practice Manager in promoting and developing marketing activities to ensure continued practice growth and market share.
1. Other functions as assigned.
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin County Medical Center for your employment! HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for our ever-changing population and is a place you'll feel challenged, rewarded, and appreciated. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for both current and future employees, who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. Thanks for choosing HCMC!
HCMC has the following Success Factors that apply to all our leadership to ensure competency. They are: exhibits accountability, demonstrates ethics and trustworthiness, delivers customer service, embraces differences, uses resources wisely, communicates clearly, builds and strengthens relationships, champions change, seeks continuous growth, inspires others, achieves results, thinks strategically and develops people. Leadership roles must be able to demonstrate competency in these areas.
Please Note: external applicants selected for an interview with Hennepin County Medical Center must provide data for a Criminal Background Study. Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.
Hennepin County Medical Center - 21 months ago