HCA Physician Services implements innovative, value added solutions that help physicians deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare to support HCA's commitment to the care and improvement of human life. We focus on quality, streamlining operations and innovative technology to provide value added solutions that help physicians deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare.
The primary responsibilities of the Medical Office Supervisor is to direct, plan and coordinate the operations of the clinical and front office functions of a practice while ensuring patient satisfaction.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Coach and provide feedback to front office staff to ensure highest quality patience care and service experience.
· Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness, and modifying activities as necessary to ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained.
· Responsible for scheduling the front office and clinical staff.
· Ensures the timeliness and accuracy of patient charge entry into the billing system.
· Ensures any patient complaints are handled appropriately.
· Conducts staff meetings regularly.
· May assist in the hiring and development of the clerical and clinical staff.
· Participates in professional development activities.
· Assists front office and clerical staff in developing and implementing short and long-term work plans and objectives.
· Oversees the process to prepare patients for examination and treatment.
· Screens telephone calls for referral to physicians.
· Assists with scheduling of tests and treatment.
· Ensures office and clinical supply inventory is current, mail is opened and processed, offices are opened and closed according to established procedures.
· Assists front office staff with ensuring point-of-service collections are made when applicable.
· Ensures that patients are treated courteously by the office staff and that other visitors are screened and properly directed.
· Replenishes office supplies when necessary.
· Works with other administrative staff to ensure efforts are coordinated and high quality patient care is provided.
· Assists in maintaining patient files, records and other information.
· Compiles and condenses technical and statistical data for reports and records.
· Maintains strict confidentiality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES - This position requires the following minimum requirements:
· Knowledgeable on medical coding and billing procedures in a physician practice setting.
· Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of existing methods and procedures.
· Ability to communicate effectively with patients, clinical and administrative staff, and the public.
· Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and policies and procedures.
· Skill in dealing with interpersonal issues and customer relations.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities at once with minimal supervision.
· Ability to plan, organize, delegate and supervise.
· The position requires at least two (2) to three (3) solid years of medical office experience in a supervisory or lead role.
· Proven performance in solving operational issues within a healthcare setting.
· Proven performance leading a successful team in a fast paced healthcare setting.
HCA Inc - 16 months ago