This position is located in Kearny Mesa
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Formal training in ICD-9-CM & CPT Coding classification required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Outpatient or Hospital coding experience in each of the following coding systems: ICD9CM, CPT, E&M and HCPCS required
- Preferred - RHIT, RHIA, AHIMA Certification or Licensure
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Professional Coding-Hospital (CPC-H) preferred
- Must demonstrate coding abilities by passing a pre-employment coding examination with a passing rate of 80% accuracy required
- Knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations; anatomy and physiology; major disease processes and pharmacology required
- Skill in understanding medical billing procedures and protocols.
- Skill in linking diagnosis to services and applying appropriate codes to diagnosis, procedures, evaluation and management, and supplies.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Skill in operating computerized medical data entry and information processing systems.
This position is responsible for the coding of ED charts and ambulatory surgeries.
The Health Information Management Departments for the Metro Campus consists of Sharp Memorial Hospital and Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns.
The HIM departments provide service to both facilities which include release of information, optical imaging functions, coding and abstracting processes, data analysis and provides customer support to physicians and clinical care providers for EMR functions.
Our EMR application is Cerner and On Base is utilized for Optical Imaging. This gives us the opportunity to provide patient information electronically to all of our providers across the continuum of care.
For future technology Sharp HealthCare is going to utilize Computerized Assisted Coding and Front End Speech to compliment traditional dictation and transcription processes.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multiorgan transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
Sharp Healthcare - 16 months ago
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...