Applicant may be eligible for relocation reimbursement.
This position is located in Chula Vista.
8-hour shift; 11:00 pm – 7:00 am, including every other weekend
- BA/BS required with California CLS course requirements complete
- Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) license required
- National certification as MLS (ASCP) or MT (ASCP) desirable
- 3 years practical employment experience as CLS on the bench required
- Must be detail-oriented and comfortable with technology
- An ability to manage conflicting priorities is essential
- Must have strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills required
The position is
of a CLS Generalist on the night shift. Candidate must be able to work confidently in Chemistry, Hematology and Blood Bank. Some light Microbiology duties, such as Gram stain and rapid microbiological testing may be required.
Extremely busy clinical and pathology laboratory serving the busiest ED in San Diego County per bed. Department performs 2.4 million tests annually and is growing volume in the outreach market.
As the leading provider of health care services in the South Bay, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343 bed facility that delivers high-quality care designed to meet the needs of the community. Home to the region’s most comprehensive heart program, it also has the area’s only radiation oncology center and certified community hospital cancer program. The hospital has San Diego County’s only comprehensive Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Center, which serves patients who wish to avoid blood transfusions for personal or religious reasons.
Sharp Chula Vista recently more than doubled the size of its Emergency Department and opened the new Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center, a unique healing environment with the most advanced medical technology available for cancer treatment.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 50 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
Sharp Healthcare - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -