Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women is located in Serra Mesa.
12-hour shift; 7:00 pm - 7:30 am, with weekend requirements
- Must be a graduate of a U.S. state-approved and accredited nursing program
- Must have a current unencumbered California RN license
- Must have a current CPR certification appropriate for a healthcare provider
- Must have graduated no more than 18 months prior to the start of the new grad program
- Must have less than 12 months RN work experience by the new grad program start date
- BSN preferred
- NICU externship/ preceptorship highly preferred
- Current NRP certification required
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns (SMBHWN) has a 84-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)-- the largest of its kind in Southern California. Technology and innovation are combined with the human touch to give at-risk babies the best start in life. With one of the largest very low birth weight populations in the U.S., the SMBHWN NICU is recognized for its outstanding neonatal outcomes among a database of over 200 hospitals. This NICU is a member of the Council of Women’s and Infants Specialty hospital and provides high quality of care, excellent customer service, great work environment, and family centered.
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns is a nationally recognized, full-service Women's Hospital with approximately 8,500 deliveries per year and is part of the Sharp HealthCare system, which won the 2007 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
Located in San Diego, it is nationally recognized for its care of expectant mothers and delivering babies, as well as its Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – the largest in Southern California. Other services include Operating Room suites and PACU, Mother/Infant Services, Women’s Acute Care, and the Perinatal Special Care Unit with centralized monitoring specializing in high-risk antepartum care.
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns provides a full range of medical and surgical services for women of all ages, including robotic gynecologic surgery and oncology and is San Diego's only hospital dedicated to women's care. In 2009 and 2010, the hospital received the Press Ganey Summit Award for physician satisfaction scores above the 95th percentile or above for their two most recent physician partnership reports.
New Grad Application Process: Required
To apply for the New Graduate Nurse Residency Program you must submit an application and resume. All of the required information must be received in order to be considered for the New Graduate Nurse Residency Program. This program is tentatively scheduled to start at the end of August 2013 . In order to be considered for this position you must:
1. You must have a current application in your profile (no older than 1 year).
2. Upload your resume . Please include certifications, clinical placement (facility, unit, date and/or hours completed), as well as work/volunteer information.
**Please do not upload transcripts, letters of recommendation or other documents. These will be requested at a later date if required.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
- 23 months ago - save job