This position is located in Serra Mesa.
12 hour shift: 7:00 am – 7:00 pm, working every other weekend.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Intra-Unit Posting ~ Position open to Current Sharp Memorial Hospital 1West unit only
- Graduate of a nursing program
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current CPR certification
- Inpatient medical-surgical oncology experience
- Baseline competency in all areas of unit skills
- Safely administers medication and uses common equipment
- Works closely with others to coordinate care
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize workload, recognize emergency situations, and appropriately seek assistance as needed
Preferred Skills and Qualification
The clinical associate assumes responsibility for safe and therapeutic patient/family care. The nurse develops care plans and provides interventions which recognize diversity and are individualized for the patient that include the domains of mind, body and spirit. Outcomes are met in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team. A passion for oncology is a must.
1 West is a 30 bed Medical Surgical inpatient Oncology unit at Sharp Memorial Hospital. This unit offers collaborative practice culture which provides family-centered holistic care within an interdisciplinary team model. Nursing practice is evidence based and utilizes nursing and interdisciplinary clinical research. Patients are cared for throughout the continuum from diagnostic work-ups through and including end of life. Patients are treated for symptom management, disease progression, and undergo various treatment modalities including chemo/biotherapy, radiation, and surgery. Our interdisciplinary team delivers compassionate, individualized care that embraces the mind, body and spirit within a therapeutic and healing environment.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
Keywords, 53385 Clinical Associate-RN; Registered Nurse
Sharp Healthcare - 30+ days ago
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...