Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns is located in Serra Mesa.
12-hour shift; 7:00 pm - 7:30 am, with weekend requirements
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure required
- Current CPR certification required
- Current NRP certification required
- BSN preferred
- Recent 2-years of Labor and Delivery experience required
- Recent Advanced Fetal Monitoring Certification required
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in computerized charting required
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns is a nationally recognized, full-service Women's Hospital with approximately 8,500 deliveries per year. Sharp Mary Birch Hospital is part of the Sharp HealthCare system, which won the 2007 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
This position is for the Clinical Nurse in Labor and Delivery department which has 22 LDR suites. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills and will demonstrate an ability to work in a fast paced environment. The Clinical RN for this position must possess the ability to collaborate with other team members and possess strong clinical skills in dealing with high risk patients.
The Labor and Delivery Department provides high quality care, excellent customer service, and has a great work environment. Located in San Diego, Sharp Mary Birch is nationally recognized for its care of expectant mothers and delivering babies, as well as its 84-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) – the largest of its kind in Southern California. Other services include 9 Operating Room suites and 12-bed PACU, 72-bed Mother/Infant Unit, 14-bed Women’s Acute Care, 36-bed Perinatal Special Care Unit with centralized monitoring specializing in high-risk antepartum care. Sharp Mary Birch provides a full range of medical and surgical services for women of all ages, including robotic gynecologic surgery and oncology. Discover the wonder of San Diego's only hospital dedicated to women's care.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work
Sharp Healthcare - 6 months ago