Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns is located in Serra Mesa.
12-hour shift; 7:00 am - 7:30 am, with weekend requirements
Required Skills and Qualifications
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Intra Unit Posting ~ This position is open to current Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns RNs only
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current CPR certification
- Current NRP certification
- One year experience in Labor and Delivery
- Fetal Monitoring Course completed within last 2 years
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns is a nationally recognized, full-service Women's Hospital with approximately 8,500 deliveries per year. Sharp Mary Birch Hospital is part of the Sharp HealthCare system, which won the 2007 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
This position is for the Clinical Nurse in Labor and Delivery department which has 22 LDR suites. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills and will demonstrate an ability to work in a fast paced environment. The Clinical RN for this position must possess the ability to collaborate with other team members and possess strong clinical skills in dealing with high risk patients.
The Labor and Delivery Department provides high quality care, excellent customer service, and has a great work environment. Located in San Diego, Sharp Mary Birch is nationally recognized for its care of expectant mothers and delivering babies, as well as its 84-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) – the largest of its kind in Southern California. Other services include 9 Operating Room suites and 12-bed PACU, 72-bed Mother/Infant Unit, 14-bed Women’s Acute Care, 36-bed Perinatal Special Care Unit with centralized monitoring specializing in high-risk antepartum care. Sharp Mary Birch provides a full range of medical and surgical services for women of all ages, including robotic gynecologic surgery and oncology. Discover the wonder of San Diego's only hospital dedicated to women's care.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Sharp Healthcare - 8 months ago