Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns is located in Serra Mesa.
12-hour shift: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm, weekends as needed per unit practice
- Intra Unit Posting ~ This Position is Open to Current Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns Labor & Delivery RNs Only
- Associated Degree required
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure required
- Current BLS and NRP certifications required
- Two (2) years’ recent Triage experience/skills/competencies required
- Two (2) years’ recent Labor & Delivery experience required
- Must demonstrate excellent critical thinking skills and communication
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service and safe and efficient patient care
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns provides quality care to pregnant women and their families from pre-birth testing, labor, delivery and recovery. The 22 bed Labor and Delivery suites are state of the art and are designed to create an atmosphere of comfort during labor and birth. Sharp Mary Birch's obstetric nurses are specialists in the use of alternative methods for un-medicated labor and delivery, including massage, breathing techniques and birthing balls. Our anesthesiologists pioneered a special technique for labor epidural continuous infusions and also introduced the patient-controlled epidural for pain relief during childbirth to San Diego.
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns is a nationally recognized, full-service Women's Hospital with approximately 8,500 deliveries per year and is part of the Sharp HealthCare system, which won the 2007 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
Located in San Diego, it is nationally recognized for its care of expectant mothers and delivering babies, as well as its Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – the largest in Southern California. Other services include Operating Room suites and PACU, Mother/Infant Services, Women’s Acute Care, and the Perinatal Special Care Unit with centralized monitoring specializing in high-risk antepartum care.
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns provides a full range of medical and surgical services for women of all ages, including robotic gynecologic surgery and oncology and is San Diego's only hospital dedicated to women's care. In 2009 and 2010, the hospital received the Press Ganey Summit Award for physician satisfaction scores above the 95th percentile or above for their two most recent physician partnership reports.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Sharp Healthcare - 8 months ago