This position is located in Serra Mesa.
12 hour shift: 7:00 pm – 7:00 am, working every other weekend.
- BSN degree preferred
- Greater than 1 year RN experience in an inpatient oncology setting required
- Current California Registered Nurse licensure required
- Current BLS certification required
- Oncology Nurse Society chemotherapy/biotherapy competency mandatory with current ONS provider card required
- Oncology Certified Nurse preferred
- Demonstrates clinical competence in area of practice
- Must safely administer medication and uses common equipment
- Works closely with others to coordinate care
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize workload, recognize emergency situations, and appropriately utilize resources as needed
- Excellent communication skills and leadership experience are a must
The clinical lead nurse is recognized as a clinical resource and professional role model, and assumes responsibility for safe and therapeutic patient/family care. The clinical lead demonstrates the ability to handle situations not covered by written or verbal instructions that maintain staff/patient safety. In collaboration with the leadership team, this nurse directs the day to day operations of the unit including but not limited to staffing, scheduling, customer service and quality outcomes. The clinical lead collaborates with physicians, the interdisciplinary team, and other departments to resolve daily operational issues when supervising unit. This nurse is accountable for performance appraisals for direct reports. A passion for leadership and oncology is a must.
30 bed medical-surgical inpatient oncology unit (all private rooms). Collaborative practice culture which provides patient/family-centered holistic care within an integrative professional practice model. Nursing practice is evidence based and utilizes nursing and interdisciplinary clinical research. Patients are cared for throughout the continuum from diagnostic work-ups through and including end of life. Patients are treated for symptom management, disease progression, and undergo various treatment modalities including chemo/biotherapy, radiation, and surgery. Staff self-care is encouraged and supported.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
Sharp Healthcare - 23 months ago
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...