This position is located in Serra Mesa.
12 hour shift 7:00 pm - 7:30 am, working every other weekend
- Intra-Unit Posting ~ Position Open to Current Sharp Memorial Hospital MICU RNs Only
- ADN required; BSN preferred
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure required
- Current BLS certification required
- Current ACLS certification required
- Current CCRN preferred
- Minimum three to five (3-5) years current Medical/Surgical ICU experience required
- Relief Charge Nurse experience preferred
- Able to demonstrate professional leadership skills required
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills required
- Team building experience required
- Demonstrates complex problem and critical thinking skills required
Currently, the MICU is a dynamic, high acuity 24 bed medical intensive care unit that provides patient-focused, family-centered care and promotes quality of life to all of its' customers. Our interdisciplinary team delivers compassionate, individualized care using state-the-art and evidenced-based patient management techniques. The primary patient populations include Mechanical Assist Devices (i.e. LVAD, RVAD, and IABP), multisystem organ failure, acute MI/interventional cardiology patients, cardiac emergencies/arrhythmia, respiratory failure/ventilator management, sepsis and shock, renal failure/continuous renal replacement therapy.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Keyword: 51881, Clinical Nurse Lead-RN, Registered Nurse
Sharp Healthcare - 6 months ago
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...