This position is located in Serra Mesa.
12 hour shift; 7:00 pm - 7:30 am, including every other weekend. Some mandatory meetings outside these hours, typically during regular business hours.
- Internal candidates only (Current Sharp HealthCare employees)
- ADN required; BSN preferred
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse license required
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS certifications required
- Current ENPC and CEN certifications preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of recent Emergency experience required
- Leadership experience preferred
- Demonstrates advanced competencies in all areas of the unit skills
- Demonstrates leadership skills, which allow the nurse to positively influence the practice of others
- Demonstrates expert nursing principles that directly result in improved outcomes as assessed by patients, family, physicians and staff
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively participate on a high functioning Leadership team and engage in and consistently demonstrate the Sharp Healthcare Leadership behavior standards
Serves as a role model for professional behavior through participation in the Emergency Department Leadership team. Provides leadership and mentoring to ED staff and serves as a clinical expert. Assumes the responsibility of a leader, resource and teaching role. Assists the ED Leadership team in strategic planning and outcome based decision making. Transfers knowledge and mentors ED staff to improve clinical practice. Applies knowledge, expertise and leadership to achieve outcomes for unit/department/hospital/organization/ community.
Opened January 2009, the Stephen Birch Healthcare Center at Sharp Memorial Hospital will continue Sharp's long-held commitment of offering clinical excellence with the latest technology and patient-centered care. All 334 rooms are private at no extra cost and feature a sleeper sofa where a loved one can spend the night. Our new Emergency and Trauma Center, the largest and most modern in San Diego, is designed to reduce stress and waiting time. By increasing the size of treatment and waiting areas by nearly 300 percent, patients and families have a more comfortable emergency experience. As one of five adult trauma centers in San Diego County, the new center has 52 beds, including 4 trauma beds to serve the community.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multiorgan transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Kneeling Squatting
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Sharp Healthcare - 14 months ago
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...