This position is located at Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women in Serra Mesa.
8-hour variable shift, based on unit needs and meeting
- Masters or Doctoral prepared nurse required
- CNS certified required
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure required
- Current CPR, ACLS, NRP certification required
- 5 years of recent CNS experience within Perioperative services required
- Women's Health/OB experience preferred
- A clinical expert in theory and/or research based nursing practice within perioperative services
- Experience functioning in the following roles: clinical expert, educator, researcher and consultant
This is a Clinical Nurse Specialist position for the Perianesthesia group which consists of the Pre-operative, post-operative, and Women's Acute care units at SMBHWN. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: applies expertise in evidence-based nursing practice within Perianesthesia areas, functions as a clinical resource, educator, and consultant. Contributes to resource management, leadership, research and professional development for the unit and hospital. Collaborates with the Director and unit leadership to ensure implementation of department operational goals and those of the hospital, including Baby Friendly certification, COEMIG, Magnet and Planetree designations. Clients include patient/family, nursing staff, physicians and the organization.
The Perianesthesia group includes the Surgical Admissions unit, the Women's Recovery Unit, and the Women's Acute Care Unit.
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns is a nationally recognized, full-service Women's Hospital with approximately 8,500 deliveries per year and is part of the Sharp HealthCare system, which won the 2007 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
Located in San Diego, it is nationally recognized for its care of expectant mothers and delivering babies, as well as its Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – the largest in Southern California. Other services include Operating Room suites and PACU, Mother/Infant Services, Women’s Acute Care, and the Perinatal Special Care Unit with centralized monitoring specializing in high-risk antepartum care.
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns provides a full range of medical and surgical services for women of all ages, including robotic gynecologic surgery and oncology and is San Diego's only hospital dedicated to women's care. In 2009 and 2010, the hospital received the Press Ganey Summit Award for physician satisfaction scores above the 95th percentile or above for their two most recent physician partnership reports.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
Sharp Healthcare - 13 months ago