This position is located in Serra Mesa.
8-hour shift; 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Master's in Nursing degree required
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license required
- Certification as Clinical Nurse Specialist by CA BRN required
- 3-5 years nursing experience required; recent inpatient, acute care RN experience preferred
- 1-2 years experience as a CNS preferred
- Requires strong communication skills and leadership skills that promote collaborative teamwork
- Multi-hospital experience preferred
- Knowledge of general principles of quality improvement, infections control, safety, corporate compliance and HIPAA
- Operational knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including MS WORD, EXCEL, PPT, Cerner
The Regulatory Affairs Clinical Nurse Specialist is an advanced practice nurse who will develop processes and provide leadership to ensure continual regulatory and accreditation readiness/compliance. The incumbent is responsible for the direction, management, coordination, and implementation of all regulatory and accreditation compliance issues. Works directly with staff, managers, directors and vice presidents to ensure compliance with California Title 22 and other applicable sections, and other state, city, or county ordinances that impact the organization. Collaborates with physicians, facilities engineering, nursing services, and other departments to assure that the hospitals are in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, CMS and Joint Commission requirements, licensing and certification regulations, and organizational policies. Ensures that all required documentation is completed for regulatory compliance and accreditation, and submitted to appropriate external authorities. Ensures coordination and collaboration with system-wide regulatory affairs and accreditation initiatives. The position is responsible at all times for the operation of regulatory affairs and compliance functions and acts as a consultant to the Sharp Memorial Hospitals Executive Team.
This position is accountable for operational activities to ensure the realization of established, new, and revised regulatory and accreditation objectives for the Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus entities (Sharp Memorial Hospital, Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital, and Sharp McDonald Center).
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation/Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
Sharp Healthcare - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...