his position serves as a triage and problem solving coordinator for the laboratory assistants who are performing waived and moderate complexity testing within the clinic site laboratories. This position will ensure that measuring and monitoring metrics are in place to ensure accuracy. Works with Technical Consultant to develop quality monitors and serves as a general technical resource for staff. This position will assist Technical Consultant with remedial training programs for those who require it. Performs all necessary duties and knows the procedures required for the processing of specimens for diagnostic and research purposes. Performs moderate complexity testing as appropriate and within CLIA standards. Develops and maintains laboratory records as needed. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Requires ability to meet the guidelines as defined by CLIA ? 88 to perform moderate complexity testing.
- Requires equivalent MLT certification by NCA; AMT; ASCP or HEW or must be certified within twelve (12) months of employment.
- Requires coursework in a biological science with an Associates Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology (Clinical Laboratory Technology) or related science.
- Prefer a minimum of 12 months experience in a laboratory setting.
- Requires knowledge of the pre and post analytical phases of laboratory testing.
- Requires ability to learn and retain information.
- Requires ability to use the Electronic Medical Records system for data entry and retrieval.
- Requires working knowledge of laboratory testing equipment and routine maintenance procedures.
- Requires ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Requires ability to maintain quality control and other records.
- Requires knowledge of all laboratory safety regulations and protocols.
- Requires ability to make judgments, plan work, solve problems, and make or recommend action.
- Requires ability to recognize and handle adverse situations.
- Requires ability to explain instructions in simple terminology.
- Requires ability to organize and process a high volume of work within established guidelines/standards.
Ball Memorial Hospital
- 2 years ago - save job