The Clinical Program Manager will serve as the primary client contact for all clinical issues and initiatives, mastering their consultative role through delivery of clinical programs and services to an assigned client base. Programs and services delivered will be relevant to current contractual agreements and opportunities identified with clients, in accordance with business division processes and procedures as set forth by business division management. The Clinical Program Manager performs the primary functions of upsell of clinical programs and formulary related initiatives, financial formulary and clinical modeling, trend evaluation, clinical business plan development, consultation-presentation, implementation and oversight, results evaluation, and follow-up related to the comprehensive management of clinical programs and services.
1. Continual review and detection of medication utilization issues in relationship with formulary and drug plan design analysis via data warehouse query or available report evaluation. Offer data based explanations for trends and explore opportunities to address
2. Development, preparation and presentation of a clinical business plan strategy (e.g. formulary, utilization, and/or health management strategy) for each
3. Leads the upsell of clinical program solutions and formulary related programs to clients through consultative methods and processes (e.g. Client P/T presentations, quarterly/annual reviews, modeling/report reviews, business division communication vehicles, etc.) in accordance with client business plans and upon collaboration with account management team members.
4. Consults with immediate co-workers, business division and organizational department staffs to troubleshoot and resolve issues associated with the marketing/sales, client-upsell, financial underwriting, implementation, reporting, etc. of clinical programs and services in support of business division goals and objectives.
5. Effectively participates in and contributes to staff meetings, committees and departmental work groups. Participates and contributes in formal and informal training programs and professional development activities.
6. Provides, in addition to account management, a second resource for maintaining the relationship with the client.
-Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
-Doctor of Pharmacy and advanced degrees or pharmacy residency preferred
-2-10 years general pharmacy experience and/or 2+ years being managed care, or PBM-like focus in managed care, or PBM
-Current U.S. Pharmacist License
-Proficiency in using Microsoft applications preferred but not required.
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
-Proven leadership skills, team-orientation, a proactive management style and strong commitment to client service a must.
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
Express Scripts - 16 months ago
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.