The CAE is assigned a set of clients and serves as the primary contact for all clinical, formulary related initiatives, financial /rebate and clinical modeling, trend evaluation, clinical business plan development consultation-presentation, implementation and oversight, results evaluation, and follow-up related to the comprehensive management of clinical programs and services issues and initiatives regarding programs and up-sell.
1. Leads the up-sell and implementation of clinical program solutions and formulary related programs to clients thru consultative methods and processes (egg. Client P and T presentations, quarterly/ annual reviews, modeling/ report reviews, business division communication vehicles, etc) in accordance with client business plans and upon collaboration and coordination with account management team members regarding operational details.
2. Continually reviews to detect medication utilization issues related to formulary and drug plan design. Provides analysis via data warehouse query or available report evaluation. Communicates to client¿s data based explanations for trends and explores opportunities for improvement as necessary.
3. Development, preparation, and presentation of clinical business strategy (formulary, utilization and/or health management strategy) for each client assigned. Acts in concert with assigned Account Executives and Account Management to service all needs of the client.
4. Effectively participates in and contributes to staff meetings, committees and departmental groups. Participates and contributes in formal and informal training programs and professional development activities.
- BS in Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy and advanced degrees or pharmacy residency preferred
- 3-5 years relevant experience and/or 2+ years experience in pharmacy, managed care or PBM
- Current U.S. Pharmacist License
- Proficiency in using Microsoft applications
- Excellent presentation and communication skills required.
- Proven leadership skills, team-orientation, a proactive management style and strong commitment to client service a must.
- Must have the ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritize, resolve complex issues, and have strong project management skills.
- Must have ability to learn multiple internal reporting and analytic tools for client management.
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
Express Scripts - 2 years ago
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.