As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This position is responsible for providing clinical leadership to project teams on a variety of contracts and serving as liaison between customers and application development for purposes of creating and finalizing business requirements and supporting program management activities.
Four year degree in healthcare or related field and/or equivalent training and/or experience;
- Designs and develops product documentation (including user's manuals), system changes/updates and routine correspondence with customers which may include hard copy, on-line or internet/intranet based modules. Reviews documentation created by non-clinical staff for accuracy. Assists with the preparation of training materials and conducts training. Understands 508 compliance and applies principles to written documents to be posted to the web.
- Reviews health care data technical specifications (i.e., QRDA, HL7, etc) for compliance from a technical and clinical perspective.
- Partners with technical teams in reviewing requirements, specifications, testing, support and training plans to ensure they are in line with business objectives and clinical standards on projects. Works actively with business analysts to reviews/edit business requirements.
- Serves as a resource expert for external customers utilizing clinical knowledge and expertise to research and resolve issues in a timely manner and customers' satisfaction. Researches and produces ad-hoc narrative reports and option papers with minimal turn-around time and with a high level of accuracy.
- Summarizes legislative rules which impact program outcomes when applicable. Functions as a lead policy analyst by reviewing, drafting and producing rigorous, empirically-based policies and procedures that have been thoroughly researched to the policy making audience.
- Advises customers regarding potential clinical challenges (i.e., measure additions, validation processes, and vendor capabilities etc.)
- Serves as liaison between project teams and customers by providing clinical expertise pertaining to the development, implementation and maintenance of specific software applications, reporting systems and databases. Performs functional testing from an end user perspective; identifying issues and recommending changes if needed.
- When appropriate, prepares for and facilitates meetings and JADs for customers and other contractors, including agenda preparation and production of minutes.
- Advises measure developers on quality measure content and analytical issues.
- Provides recommendations and materials for customers related to national outreach and education.
- Verifies and analyzes report data when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Prefer experience analyzing and documenting healthcare quality measures.
3 or more years clinical subject matter experience in the area covered by the contract to be supported.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 12 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...