The qualified candidate will possess the following:
1. Graduate of an accredited school of Licensed Practical Nursing
2. Graduate of a vocational Medical Assistant program, or 6 months of progressively responsible experience under the supervision of a physician.
1. Six months of progressively responsible experience preferred.
1. Required: Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) card through the American Heart Association.
2. Optional, not required Current Georgia LPN licensure or current Georgia MOA certification
D. Interpersonal requirements
1. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, has a commitment to customer service.
2. Communicates effectively with all applicable customers and age groups.
The Clinical Assistant performs the duties necessary to meet the patients needs in the most efficient and empathetic manner.
Specific duties include:
A. Prepares the patient at the onset of the visit
1. Measures and records vital signs, height and weight as necessary
2. Determines patient's chief complaint and records in medical record
3. Asks patient about relevant past medical history and records in the medical record.
B. Assists the physician with procedures and examinations as needed
1. Sets up the procedure/exam room with appropriate supplies/equipment.
2. Prepares the patient for exam/procedure
3. Maintains sterile technique and field during sterile procedures
4. Cleans exam room post patient encounter
5. Properly cleans and disinfects instruments and prepares for sterilization
6. Provides emotional and other clinical support to patient during exam as indicated
C. Assists the physician in the provision of patient and family education
1. Answers general questions
2. Provides instructional materials
3. Responds to patient calls by relaying between the provider and patient
4. Documents instructions appropriately
D. Performs clerical duties as necessary
1. Files reports in patient records
2. Locates and pulls files for patient visits and returns files to shelf
3. Performs duties using IDX as applicable
4. Performs insurance verification, referrals and precertification as required
5. Obtains billing waivers from patients as appropriate
E. Provides nursing care for the patient as directed by the physician
1. Administers medications per provider orders
2. Performs waived lab procedures
3. Performs other procedures ordered as noted on skills check list
F. Maintains accurate medical records
1. Completes documentation related to patient visit
2. Documents medications
3. Documents all medication orders called in to pharmacies
4. Documents referrals and precertifications appropriately
1. Communicates complete timely information to team members
2. Communicates clearly and appropriately with patients
H. Completes accurate coding of medical and laboratory procedures
1.Completes encounter form correctly
2.Verifies procedures that may be billed as "in-house"
3.Maintains accurate knowledge of CPT codes of commonly performed services
4.Verifies diagnosis and procedures are matched for claims filing
I. Provides age appropriate care to patients
1.Measurement of vital signs, height and weight are performed using equipment appropriate for the age of the patient
2.Medication dosage and method of administration is age appropriate
3. Techniques and equipment used in procedures are age appropriate
4.Demonstrates teaching techniques and uses age appropriate
5. Uses safety measures in patient care which are appropriate for age of patient
Floyd Medical Center - 8 months ago