"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
Performs safe, effective clinical care for children / adolescent, adult, and older adult patients utilizing the nursing process. Demonstrates advanced nursing skills aimed at ensuring optimal patient care, effective communication and unit efficiency. Supports nursing research by participating in research activities, when appropriate. Assists in continuing education by assisting with teaching and orientation of staff and students. Serves as a role model through professional competence, and oversees the Competency Manager for assigned staff. Collaborates with the Nurse Manager to coordinate and implement performance improvement activities for the unit.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Assist the Hospital Nurse Manager in directing the daily activities on an individual unit.
2. Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of unit/departmental goals.
3. Participate in decision-making with the Hospital Nurse Manager/House supervisor and nursing staff.
4. Liaison for patients, families, staff, and other members of the clinical team.
5. Assist in resolving interdepartmental and intradepartmental clinical concerns and lead performance improvement initiatives for the unit.
6. Lead unit-based risk/patient advocacy analysis by investigating, communicating and follow through on concerns expressed by patients, families and/or staff.
7. Monitor unit activities and make recommendations to adjust staffing accordingly.
8. Evaluate and address staff/unit performance problems in collaboration with the Hospital Nurse Manager/House Supervisor.
9. Work with other members of the clinical team to maintain program functioning at an optimal level.
10. Complete monthly operations report for unit outcomes.
11. Provide documented input on staff performance for the assigned unit, and participate in the review with designated employees.
12. Provide coaching and staff performance feedback on an ongoing basis.
13. Supervise management of the environment of care, and notify support departments for repairs/replacement of damaged property/housekeeping etc.
14. Supervise supply usage and ordering of additional supplies and equipment for the unit.
15. Coordinate patient care conferences as indicated.
16. Insure completion of logs for quality control.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in nursing with a minimum of three years of psychiatric nursing experience.
- Current nursing licensure in the State of Texas.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 21 months ago
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...