This position will travel to offsite skilled nursing facilities throughout San Diego.
8-hour shift; position requires ability to flex work schedule to accommodate department meetings/process with start time ranging from 7:00 am or 8:00 am and ending time 3:30 pm or 5:30 pm, including weekends
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure required
- Certified Case Manager (CCM) preferred
- One year of RN experience in Adult Medical/Surgical, ICU, Telemetry, ER and/or acute care surgical care setting required
- Two years of Utilization/Case Management preferred
- Requires background and educational experience which establishes credibility with physicians and non-physician health care practitioners involved in Discharge Planning, Case Management, and Utilization Review and Skilled Nursing Facility
- Requires the following skills and abilities: maintaining strict confidentiality, knowledge of medical terminology, treatment plans, health care delivery systems, knowledge of skilled nursing facility rehabilitation guidelines and managed care and community resources.
- Identifies and prioritizes overt and subtle patient and family needs and goals related to admission/discharge.
- Develops plan of care with patient, family/designee, interdisciplinary care team and physician to optimize outcomes.
- Implements plan of care and strategies to meet the anticipated clinical, quality, and financial outcomes.
- Evaluates patient’s and family’s progress towards goals and determines the need to alter goals and interventions.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Very fast paced, self-directed position working with the Sharp Extended Care team and skilled nursing facilities throughout the county. Works closely with department management team, physicians and other licensed and non-licensed personnel to provide case management services to facilitate exceptional discharge outcomes for our members.
This position is with the Out Of Network (OON) Department. OON Department's primary focus is the identification and repatriation of Sharp patients that are admitted to non-Sharp hospitals. The OON Department works with Sharp Rees Stealy, Sharp Community Medical Group and Sharp Health Plan patients. The OON team consists of a Manager, Project Manager, case managers and care coordinators to oversee all SHC patients. The RN Case Managers provide on-site case Management at non-Sharp facilities.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 25 pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
Keywords: 50695, Clinical Case Management, Case Manager, RN, RN Case Management
Sharp Healthcare - 13 months ago
Sharp HealthCare stands on the cutting edge of health care delivery in Southern California. The system of not-for-profit hospitals and...