Health Net, Inc. is a publicly traded managed care organization that delivers managed health care services through health plans and government-sponsored managed care plans. Its mission is to help people be healthy, secure and comfortable. Health Net, through its subsidiaries, provides and administers health benefits to approximately 5.4 million individuals across the country through group, individual, Medicare (including the Medicare prescription drug benefit commonly referred to as "Part D"), Medicaid, U.S. Department of Defense, including TRICARE, and Veterans Affairs programs. Health Net's behavioral health services subsidiary, Managed Health Network, Inc., provides behavioral health, substance abuse and employee assistance programs to approximately 4.9 million individuals, including Health Net's own health plan members. Health Net's subsidiaries also offer managed health care products related to prescription drugs, and offer managed health care product coordination for multi-region employers and administrative services for medical groups and self-funded benefits programs.
For more information on Health Net, Inc., please visit the company's website at
The Clinical Consultant is a licensed professional who provides telephonic and web video consultation and management consultation services for new and continuing members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides consultation services for new and continuing members: for individuals, couples, families and group consultation for adults, adolescents and children.
- Provides management consultation services, as needed.
- Assesses individuals for delivery of short-term solution focused consultation for individuals, marital partners, families and groups.
- Completes all documentation such as: intake assessments/evaluations, psycho-social history, individualized goal plan, history, and progress notes for each member.
- Maintains contact with EAP clinicians, primary care physicians, clinicians, and/or other individuals significant in each member's case.
- Documents the contacts made with outside agencies and health care professionals.
- Performs in-house program transfers and program discharge planning with timely and accurate information.
- Makes use of community resources/referrals.
- Keeps member tracking records for each case including: appointments, phone calls, referrals, goal plan/revisions, and any other significant information affecting the tracking of the member.
- Backs up other service team clinical responsibilities as assigned.
- Consults clinical supervision on an as-needed basis.
- Participates in program development as needed.
- Travel assignment or transfer to other facilities in current geographical area may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master's Degree in clinically relevant field from an accredited university
Fully Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Marriage Family Therapist, Psychologist or Professional Counselor licensed to practice in this state without restrictions or supervision required
Minimum three years experience post-Master's degree
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Demonstrates professional skills requisite to provide services in a managed care environment
Effective organizational and verbal/written communication skills
Working knowledge of military lifestyle preferred
Knowledgeable of community resources/referrals
Demonstrated appropriate knowledge, training and experience in specialty areas
Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
The following section describes the general physical requirements for this position. Please note that 'constant' refers to more than 81% of time; 'significant' refers to 40-80%; and 'moderate' refers to 20-40% of the time.
Health Net, Inc. supports a drug-free work environment and requires pre-employment background and drug screening.
- Operates personal computers, printers, facsimile, telephones, copy machines and other commonly used office accessories/equipment.
- Exposed to confidential information and expected to maintain confidentiality at all times; must adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations.
- May be required to work outside of normally scheduled hours as mandated by the client, project and/or workload (e.g. evenings, weekends, and/or holidays)
- May be required to maintain established work pace, meet deadlines; may have last minute urgent requests.
- Physical activity may include: twisting, reaching, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, grasping, grabbing, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, climbing, etc.
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Required to have hearing ability to receive detailed information through oral communication
- Required to have speaking ability to express or exchange ideas.
- Constant concentration may be required on various subjects by listening, reading and thinking clearly.
- Interaction with others may be required. May need to listen, think, and speak in order to interact with others. Business interactions and behavior between coworkers and/or external customers are required.
This may require face-to-face or telephone interactions.
- Thinking at work may include listening, learning, analyzing, evaluating, and the ability to interpret what is seen and/or heard, or to link information from one issue to the next.
- Constant computer usage including typing and/or eye strain.
- Constant repetitive arm, wrist, hand and finger motions -- making repetitive movements (e.g. key boarding, filing, data entry).
- Significant phone usage; headsets may be required.
- Constant amount of time spent working in a loud office environment with frequent interruptions/distractions.
- Constant sedentary work (desk bound or seated).
- Constant reading is required via computer screen and/or bound printed materials.
Health Net and its subsidiaries are an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D.
Health Net - 18 months ago