The Orthopedic Group is hiring a full-time Clinical Coordinator/Surgery Scheduler to assist one of our Orthopedic Surgeons in the office setting. This position is Monday thru Friday and will require travel to all of our 8 offices depending on physician schedules.
1. Schedule, confirm, and reschedule patient’s surgical appointments.
2. Maintain and update current information on physician’s surgery schedules, including block times at various hospitals.
3. Discuss and counsel patients on surgery information, guidelines, facility and date and time of procedure, as needed.
4. Obtain insurance verification or pre-authorizations for surgical procedures, tests, scans, etc. as needed.
5. Coordinate information with the hospital/medical facility to ensure proper billing and authorizations.
6. Relay pertinent medical information to the physician with appropriate urgency.
7. Orders medical supplies and equipment from external vendors being requested for surgical procedures. Arrange for surgical assistants or second surgeons when necessary.
8. Assist in arranging for DME when necessary.
9. Maintain open and frequent communication with physician(s) regarding surgical preferences.
10. Answer all questions from the front/back office staff in regards to medication refills, physical therapy, surgical questions, appointment concerns and physician schedules.
11. Manage physician calendar in regards to meetings, OR/office schedule and IME/DEPO appointments.
12. Fill in for other clinical coordinators as needed.
13. Performs other duties as assigned or required
Please fax resume to 724-379-5089 or email to
- 2 years experience scheduling orthopedic surgeries; required
- High School Diploma or equivalent; required
- Dependable vehicle and valid driver’s license; required
- Excellent professional, organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of HIPPA guidelines
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated ability to multitask with several job functions
- Advanced computer skills a plus
Please visit www.theorthopedicgroup.com for more information
Monster - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard