Baptist Physicians Lexington has a network of medical practices that will begin transferring their existing patient records into the Allscripts EHR and ADM applications, which are the electronic health record and scanning software applications. The Clinical Data Abstractor will be responsible for abstracting discreet data from the patient¿s current paper chart or electronic chart, and enter portions of the historical clinical data into the Allscripts EHR application. The Clinical Data Abstractor will also scan existing paper chart information and current electronic chart data into the Allscripts ADM application. (Allscripts Data Management)
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, and Licensures/Certifications/Registrations Required:
- Associates degree in a healthcare related field (Medical Assisting, LPN or RN). In lieu of Associates degree in a healthcare related field, will accept Associates degree with 5-7 yrs experience in a medical practice setting.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in medical records and/or experience working in a clinical office setting
- Medical terminology and medical abbreviations
- 3-5 years data entry and computer experience
- Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and attentive to detail.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, time management and organizational skills.
Baptist Healthcare System - 21 months ago
Baptist Healthcare System is one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in Kentucky. The system owns five acute-care hospitals...