With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
Position Summary :
Responsible for planning, coordinating and providing diabetes-related health promotion activities in the YK Delta Region. Provides comprehensive diabetes education and care for patients with Type 1 DM, Type 2 DM, Gestational DM, IFG, Pre-Diabetes, etc in a clinic setting. Patients and activities are accessed through multiple village trips per month. Work closely with village clinic and hospital staff to promote diabetes standards of care and inform of new advances in diabetes care. Assists Diabetes Coordinator with maintenance of the Diabetes Registry. Works closely with the Diabetes Case Manager to ensure comprehensive care of the patients. Participate in all program outreach activities such as the Diabetes Support Group, radio show, media campaigns, and special events. Participate in department planning and goal setting to achieve excellence in patient care and partnership with our tribal leaders. Believe in and promote Napartet and all corporate endeavors.
Position Qualifications :
Benefits Include :
- A bachelor’s degree in nursing, pharmacy, or nutrition. (Candidates with an associate’s degree in nursing with RN Licensure would be considered.) Masters degree in the respective disciplines, public health, or health related field preferred.
- Two (2) years experience in a clinical health setting. Demonstrate experience collaborating with a variety of disciplines for project completion.
- Registered Nurse, Registered/Licensed Dietitian, or Registered Pharmacist. In addition to one of these registrations or licensures, preferred certification as a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) or eligibility to sit for CDE exam.
- Work in a typical office, hospital, and village clinic setting. Comprehensive knowledge of PC computers. Ability to operate technology such as digital projector and digital camera. Ability to operate diabetes care medical equipment such as glucometer, ht./weight scale, etc. Requires travel to villages via small plane/sub-arctic conditions, moderate lifting of equipment, occasional long working hours.
- Strong knowledge base in the field of diabetes and public health. Cross cultural communication skills essential. Bi-lingual (Yup’ik/English) preferred.
YKHC exercises Federal Law (PL 93-638), which allows American Indian/Alaska Native preference in hiring for all positions.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
907-543-6060 or 1-800-478-3321 ext 6060
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - 2 years ago