Rural Health Group, Inc., a thriving multi-location Federally Qualified Health Center in scenic northeastern North Carolina, is seeking a full time Registered Dietitian. RD/RDN will work in our pediatric and family practice medical offices and school based health centers in Roanoke Rapids and throughout our service area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with providers to identify and connect with patients in need of nutrition counseling.
- Establishes treatment plans and communicates with patients regarding program compliance.
- Meets directly with patients to identify educational needs and provide nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy integrated with the patient's medical goals. Provides individual instruction, utilizes informational handouts/booklets, refers to community resources as needed.
- Identifies and provides age-specific nutrition counseling to meet the cultural needs of patients and their families. Integrates behavioral concepts, such as stages of change, into care to ensure patient success in establishing and implementing nutritional goals.
- Identifies ways to improve care of patients, and makes recommendations to the Medical Directors.
- Participates in various patient program committees, including Behavioral Health/Case Management/Integrated Care Committee.
- Performs research and recommends ways to expand and improve nutrition programs.
- Participates in quality improvement of the program in conjunction with other services offered.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must see at least 8-10 patients per 8-hour day (185 patient visits per month).
- Registered Dietitian/Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration; candidates eligible for registration may be considered.
- Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist (LDN) by the North Carolina Board of Dietetics/Nutrition; may consider candidates who are license-eligible.
- Prior chronic disease and/or maternity nutrition counseling experience helpful.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) helpful.
- Other skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective decision-making and problem-solving skills, judgment and time-management skills
- Must be able to work efficiently and independently, be meticulous in following documentation standards and following standardized protocols
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, effective, professional relationships with patients, providers, coworkers, and superiors; excellent teamwork skills
- Possess knowledge of modern office equipment and Microsoft Office software programs; ability to efficiently learn eClinicalWorks EHR
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus, but not required. Language skills assessment will be required for candidates who wish to use bilingual skills.
EOE. Federal and State Criminal Background Checks and Drug Screen required for all positions.
- Dietitian must be able to move around the facility between 1/3-2/3 of the day, as well as sit at a workstation or in patient rooms. Using hands occurs over 2/3 of the day, while reaching with arms occurs less than 1/3 of the day. Communicating is required over 2/3 of the day. Climbing, stooping or crawling is minimal. Lifting up to 10 lbs. occurs about half the time, while up to and above 25 lbs. occurs only occasionally.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
E-Verify Notice: After accepting employment, new hires are required to complete an I-9 form and present documentation of their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Rural Health Group, Inc. is a not-for-profit, community health center dedicated to providing primary medical care, dental care, and other...