Develops, facilitates, coordinates, provides, and evaluates educational programs. Coordinates and provides nursing care including the assessment, education, counseling and treatment of patients and delegating nursing care to others as appropriate. Works cooperatively with ancillary nursing staff and other patient team personnel and maintains standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting. Provides quality patient care and management of all patients and nursing staff for a specific hospital area.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC: CLINICAL EDUCATOR
DEVELOPS, FACILITATES, COORDINATES, PROVIDES, AND EVALUATES EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES TO ENHANCE THE EDUCATION OF HEALTHCARE PERSONNEL.
*Demonstrates competence in the teaching/learning process, adult education, and needs of assigned area.
*Utilizes staff orientation/internship to effectively integrate staff's transition to functioning team member.
*Identifies and clearly communicates gaps in staff knowledge and/or competency to the appropriate administrative or academic entity.
*Conducts and interprets direct and indirect assessments of learning needs.
*Develops and implements effective inter- and intradepartmental educational programs.
*Designs measurements and tools to evaluate achievement of learning goals and efficacy of the curriculum content and teaching strategies.
*Co-coordinates documentation of staff orientation/development.
*Plans appropriate educational activities.
*Presents/coordinates effective and informative educational activities.
*Co-coordinates unit based annual competencies.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC: CHARGE NURSE
SERVES A CHARGE NURSE TO ENSURE CONTINUITY OF CARE (WHEN APPLICABLE)
* Oversees care of all patients on unit for specific shift in accordance with established procedures, makes appropriate assignments, and assists the Director, Nurse Manager
of Staffing Office to ensure proper coverage of personnel.
* Contributes to the effective operations of the unit and shift to ensure efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
* Ensures that patient services are provided in a timely, efficient and cost-efficient manner by utilizing the resources (manpower, material and equipment) of the unit or
shift economically and assures those services are provided in accordance with established standards of nursing care and the policies and procedures of Scott &
White and the Nursing Department.
* Adjusts staffing according to patient census and acuity and level of education and capabilities of staff.
* Assists in development and implementation of new programs, department specific policies and procedures and long range plans to meet department objectives.
* Assists in administering organization personnel policies and procedures related to selection, orientation, training, assignment and staffing in compliance with State and
Federal labor laws.
* Acts as a resource to physicians and ancillary departments as needed.
* Coordinates the activities of the unit.
*Serves as the first line contact for greeting patients and resolving patient concerns.
*Functions as a resource for new employees and float staff
* Maintains a positive influence while role-modeling professional behaviors such as rounding, service recovery, scripting and providing a positive approach to problem-solving for the unit.
* Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
ACTS AS CLINICAL RESOURCE TO PEERS AND MEMBERS OF HEALTHCARE TEAM.
*Serves as a preceptor and consultant for new staff, ancillary staff, and students.
PARTICIPATES IN EDUCATION, RESEARCH, AND PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT ACTIVITIES TO ENHANCE AND MAINTAIN PERSONAL AND DEPARTMENTAL QUALIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE.
*Participates in quality improvement activities
* Facilitates research and quality improvement projects on the unit to advance the practice of nursing at Scott & White.
*Demonstrates a clear understanding of rules and regulations that govern the licensing/certification/accreditation of assigned area.
FULFILLS EDUCATION, LICENSURE, AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS TO MAINTAIN REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS.
*Takes personal responsibility to understand, complete, and maintain the professional and technical licensures/certifications required of the position and furnishes Scott & White with the necessary documentation to substantiate compliance.
*Completes unit-specific, age-specific and population specific competencies annually.
*Maintains membership in a professional organization.
*Participates in self evaluations when requested, setting realistic goals.
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION APPROPRIATES DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL, AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
Minimum three years nursing experience required; Operating room experience highly desired.
BSN required; Master's highly desired.
Texas State Board of Nursing RN license required.
American Heart Association Basic Life Support required.
Scott & White - 30+ days ago