From coast to coast, Rural/Metro employees are tied together by their overwhelming desire to help others. Every day and every call for our team of highly-trained professionals is different than the one before.
At Rural/Metro, we celebrate the successes of our team members, and doing the right thing for those we serve.
Rural/Metro is a leader in private ambulance and fire protection services in 21 states and more than 700 communities nationwide. Rural/Metro has provided high-quality patient care, met and exceeded the expectations of the communities we serve, and invested in the success of our employees since 1948.
Position Summary: Provides medical quality assurance, training and education for continuing education classes, and academy classes for field personnel.
Full time and part time positions available.
• Development and delivery of Divisional New Employee Orientation Program.
• Ensure proper delivery of customer service training to new divisional field employees.
• Train all new field employees in all legal, regulatory, and company requirements for PCR/documentation.
• Train all new field employees in all required components of Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator training. Ensuring the delivery, retention, and demonstration of safe driving skills as required by company policy.
• Communicate and train all new divisional employees on all field-related policies and procedures, including Company-mandated Compliance Training.
• Responsible for the training and review of proper patient handling techniques for new employees.
• Verification of knowledge and confirmation of required skills for new employees.
• Performance management of all Advanced and/or Basic Life Support personnel including remedial training, mentoring, and maintenance of Advanced and/or Basic Life Support certification status for field employees.
• Confirms the delivery, retention, and demonstration of safe driving skills as needed for incumbent employee remediation.
• Demonstrates strong facilitation skills in investigating, analyzing, and solving a myriad of complex ALS and/or BLS and/or field training issues.
• Works with Divisional HR to train employees and implement policies and procedures as needed.
• Develops and delivers all EMT and/or Paramedic recertification classes.
• Instructs all initial and recertification courses for CPR courses.
• Works with Management to deliver and confirm compliance with all OSHA, mandated training and TB testing. Assignment of Precepting Shifts
• Develop, communicate and assign preceptor rotation schedule for NEOP, CEVO, and Paramedic Academies.
• Trains, develops and mentors all field preceptors for new NEOP and Paramedic Academies.
• Annually reviews the performance of each field preceptor. Organizational Training
• Partners with the Management in conducting Division ALS and/or BLS training as needed.
• Responsible for all Divisional ALS and/or BLS field staffs completion of company standard position based training.
• Works with the Management and HR to ensure training is completed for all corporate and divisional programs and polices.
• Assist Management and training department with locating company resources for any new required company or contract training requirement.
• Tracks training requirements and metrics to ensure compliance.
• Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
• Ensures and inspects paperwork for accuracy and compliance.
• Responsible for escalating concerns regarding questionable paperwork to appropriate management.
• Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period.
• Has had no compliance related corrective action during the current review period.
• Ability to conduct engaging and informational training
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office
• Ability to convey complex data in a manner that makes it easy to understand
Physical Requirements: Physical ability to perform all tasks required in the performance of typical EMT or Paramedic duties. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to bend/stoop, push, pull, lift, and climb.
Occasionally: Work at heights. Lifting and carrying up to 150lbs
Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, legible handwriting.
Occasionally: Analyzing, judgment. Frequently: Memorization, perception/computation, problem solving, simple and complex math skills, reasoning.
Constantly: Ability to follow simple and complex written and verbal instructions. Ability to read, speak, and understand English.
Occasionally: Fatigue, intense tasks
Frequently: Repetitive tasks, high pressure.
Frequently: Computer, ambulance, company owned cell phone, company owned communication equipment.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Frequently: Inside. Works around others, works alone, face-to face and verbal contact with others, inside, noise, extended day.
Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face and verbal contact with others, withstand varied environmental conditions such as extreme heat, cold, and moisture.
The Company is a 365, 24/hr per day, 7 day per week operation. Evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Closing Statement: This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need. Rural/Metro is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Rural/Metro Corporation - 16 months ago