About Emerging Health Information Technology:
Emerging Health Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center. Emerging Health IT, a healthcare IT consulting and professional services company, is a dynamic organization that provides hospitals and medical centers with world-class healthcare information solutions. We provide an exciting, fast-paced environment in which dedication and innovation are rewarded and where individuals can make a difference in the lives of patients. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of healthcare through advanced IT solutions! Emerging Health IT is located in Yonkers, NY.
Responsible for managing new and existing Clinical Ancillary Information Systems. The Product Manager provides high-level input on product design and optimization and is responsible for managing the Clinical Ancillary IT staff, product infrastructure, monitoring performance and processes, and gathering and implementing user requirements. He/she oversees the requests for new systems, processes, enhancements, or other opportunities and suggests alternatives. The Product Manager determines the viability of integrating requests for changes with the complete list of customer requests. The Product Manager provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organization's mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care. The ideal candidate should possess outstanding leadership skills and must have managed a team in a clinical IT setting. Experience with 1 or more of the following systems is required: EMR/EHR, PACS, RIS (Radiology Information Systems), Nuclear medicine. Mammography OR Nutrition Applications preferred.
- Manage a technical team in the Clinical Ancillary Systems department.
- Work directly with the supported departments to assimilate information, define requirements, conduct high-level analysis and recommend new solutions.
- Regularly speaks with clients to address and troubleshoot high-level issues. Works closely with the team to deliver high quality customer support.
- Meet with clients regularly and establishes priorities by working with the end-users.
- Interface and work with departments to identify and resolve issues regarding coordinated efforts to deliver client solutions.
- Schedule and participate in routine meetings with key departmental personnel and document and transmit feedback to key Montefiore IT personnel.
- Vigilantly monitor, maintain and report the QA/QC efforts of the staff within the supported departments.
- Constantly recommend ways to improve the operations of the supported departments through the availability and use of IT solutions.
- Maintain support contracts for all IT systems within the supported departments and ensure that all renewals are done on a timely basis.
- Provide direction to the development, implementation and administration of all supported Information Systems.
- Ensure compliance with all Montefiore, state and national data base reporting requirements.
- Coordinate all Montefiore technical and clinical resources as required to validate all systems upgrades, patches and modifications for supported systems.
- Oversee and manage projects ranging in size, complexity, and scope.
- Manage product requests, reviews requirements and specifications, and work closely with technical teams and end-users to assure high quality.
- Determine how changes impact the overall system and that of interrelated systems.
- Responsible for the design and delivery of product solutions, ensuring that the end product meets the intended needs of the client. Work closely with other teams within the company in order to achieve this.
- Participate in all system go-lives under his/her responsibility.
- Coordinate with Project Managers responsible for implementations as well as other Product Managers involved in multi-disciplinary efforts.
- Subject matter expert in his/her area of product specialization.
- Maintain his/her expertise in a product area and understands the effects of market trends on all available products from vendors in marketplace.
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Experience with 1 or more of the following systems is required: EMR/EHR, PACS, RIS (Radiology Information Systems), Nuclear medicine.
- Client Management
- Managing others including employee selection, performance management, delegation, and motivating.
- Overall understanding of the application systems development lifecycle.
- Industry experience either working in or supporting a client community.
- Estimating level of effort for application development activities and writing proposals for work.
- Quality Management
- Clinical Operations Management
- Product/Project Management
- Financial Management
- Effective Communication
- Meeting Management
- Mammography OR Nutrition Applications preferred.
- Knowledge of IDX a plus
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
medITjobs.com - 20 months ago