1st Solution has been engaged by a public non-profit, 165-bed acute care hospital in Southern California to recruit candidates for their open Clinical Informaticist position. In this role you will have responsibility for providing support for clinical areas and for applications that are clinically-focused as well as serving as the liaison between I.S., the clinical departments and the physicians. The primary responsibilities for this position will be working with frontline users, both medical and clinical staff, configuring and creating builds for Soarian Clinicals and other clinical systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE :
- Facilitate automation of clinical rules supporting patient care as well as the design/maintenance of clinical system features including order sets, guidelines, protocols, and clinical decision support that leverages automation to improve outcomes, communication and productivity.
- Partner with the technology collaborative (clinical analysts, technicians, and application vendors) and with clinicians in the evaluation, assessment, and re-design of current clinical processes that will be enabled by the implementation or redesign of advanced clinical systems and the technology solutions for clinician use.
- Understand and communicate trends in healthcare, clinical systems, information technology and point of care products
- Assist in development of data driven decision making through software implementation
- Provide Tier II support to clinicians using the applications, responding to user problems in a timely manner.
- Participate in Tier II on-call rotation as required.
Relocation assistance will be provided for this opportunity.
- 2-4+ years of experience in development, implementation or support of clinical software
- 2+ years of Soarian Clinicals Analyst experience required including configuration/build skills
- Strong knowledge of clinical operations across the continuum of patient care in an inpatient hospital setting
- Working knowledge of CPOE and building of clinical workflows
- Bilingual in Spanish would be very helpful
- Bachelor's Degree with clinical focus preferred; Registered Nurse highly preferred
- Clinical Informatics certification or specialized training/experience in informatics preferred