As the Technical Training Specialist , you will use your prior experience and expertise to provide Clinical Information Systems(CIS) training such as one-on-one training, classroom instructor led training, virtual training, computer based training (CBT) and/or over the shoulder on-the-job training (OJT) methods in order to meet specific clinical user and Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) needs that ensure the ability to use the applications to document patient care with a minimum of continuous support from the trainer.
Highlights of Responsibilities
- Provide on-site CIS initial and sustainment training and support services for Air Force medical personnel.
- Conduct Computer-based distance learning sessions via Internet technologies with personnel from outlying sites.
- Provide training help desk support for all users within assigned region.
- Function as the in house CIS application(s) (e.g., AHLTA, ESSENTRIS etc…) expert.
- Provide CIS and associated applications training on new functionality, new builds, and new modules of CIS.
- Perform a training needs assessment on all newly assigned personnel to the MTF to determine what type and amount of CIS and associated application training is necessary.
- Provide training using government approved training materials and guidelines.
- Incorporate recommended user, clinic, and MTF business process re-engineering suggestions and recommendations.
- Provide change management assistance as necessary to facilitate user, clinic, and MTF as appropriate for patient care documentation and analysis of business processes.
- Proctor test/facilitate CIS Computer and/or Web Based Training events based upon requirements provided by the government and/or the MTF POC.
- Prepare reports on training statistics.
- Collect data based on training activities as requested.
Preferred Education and Experience
- US Citizenship required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a positive NACI clearance.
- U.S. High School diploma or General Education Development (GED).
- Minimum 2 year Associate’s degree or 3 years of equivalent job experience.
- Minimum of 2 years appropriate experience (combined medical and/or computer and/or training).
- Minimum of 18 months previous experience training and/or using an Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English, and English medical and dental terminology.
- Active NACI Clearance.
- Professional training and education experience.
- Prior U.S. Military Service.
- Medical/Dental Technician experience.
- Experience using clinical systems (as a healthcare provider or Trainer).
At NCI, we’re more than just a paycheck…
We offer significant opportunity for growth at NCI – Adding more and more employees and company locations nationwide, we continue to seek top talent to ensure our path of innovation, growth and unmatched customer experience. We reward our employees with competitive compensation, flexible time off, retirement plan with company match and much more…
MEDICAL/DENTAL/VISION PROGRAMS - NCI offers three medical plan options to meet the personal health needs and budgets of our full-time employees and their families. All plans provide our employees and their eligible dependents with major medical and prescription drug coverage. The dental plan provides coverage options so as to ensure our full-time employees and their eligible dependents are able to follow a regularly scheduled program of dental care with their providers of choice. A vision maintenance plan offers a cost-savings option for our full-time employees and their families in need of comprehensive annual eye exams, prescription glasses, and contact lenses.
STOCK & WEALTH - NCI’s 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan is eligible to all full-time and regular part-time employees. Employees may elect to have contributions invested in any of the 15 different investment funds, five retirement-date-based funds, or three different portfolio options available under the plan. The company matching contribution is equal to 50% of employee elected pre-tax contributions up to 6% of eligible pay, subject to the IRS maximum.
LIFE INSURANCE - NCI provides company paid Basic Life/ AD&D Insurance Coverage. The basic coverage benefit is equal to one times (1X) an employee's annual base salary. Employees may also opt for a generous flat rate insurance coverage. For coverage above the company-provided limits, employees may purchase supplemental insurance coverage for themselves and their family members.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE - All employees are eligible for additional programs including Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Flexible Spending Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their immediate family
- Health Club Reimbursement through NCI’s Wellness Program
It is your turn… Choose your career path and become part of the NCI team where you will be valued for your unique skills and capabilities and where you will be rewarded for key contributions to NCI and our customers.
Make the commitment and take the next step towards joining the NCI Team. Our application process will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position, please review our current openings now and in the future. Thank you for your interest in NCI!
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
NCI is a leading provider of enterprise solutions and services to U.S. defense, intelligence, health care and civilian government agencies....