As a clinical employee for Behavioral Health Services which serves the needs of young, middle and older adults the TLC Clinical Evaluator is responsible for the triaging, assessment, crisis counseling, and appropriate placement of patients either in BHS programs or other programs. The position includes liaison with all Boulder Community Hospital's programs, Mental Health Center, law enforcement, and community providers of Mental Health Services and self-help organizations.
Education or Formal Training
1. Masters Degree in Psychology or related field with one (1) year experience in a psychiatric or addictions intake setting or treatment setting preferred; or
2. RN with five (5) years psychiatric treatment experience preferred, and one (1) year experience in psychiatric or addictions intake setting or treatment setting preferred.
Special Qualifications (licensure, registration, etc.)
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Demonstrates knowledge of area resources and mental health laws.
2. Ensures confidentiality of all appropriate written and verbal documents and interactions, respectively.
3. Demonstrates knowledge of insurance and managed care companies.
4. Demonstrates knowledge of DSM-IV and its use in evaluations.
5. Able to deal tactfully with all clients, third party payors, attorneys, all hospital staff, and physicians.
6. Able to prioritize responses to telephone inquiries and assessments.
7. Knowledge of developmental issues related to the life span, from adolescent through geriatrics.
Materials and Equipment Directly Used
1. Boulder Community Hospital Insurance Contracts.
2. Medical Staff Directories.
3. Basic Office Components: computer; copier; desk; chair; filing cabinet; printed materials; general office supplies.
4. Cellular telephone.
5. Urgent Access telephone.
6. Digital pager.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
1. Accomplishes tasks while working under pressure of consistent deadlines.
2. Works in artificial light and sits for long periods of time.
3. Works in a high stress and noisy environment.
4. Maintains a heavy workload on daily basis and is able to accomplish tasks while being consistent with ENCORE! behavioral standards.
Boulder Community Hospital - 17 months ago