Neonatal Clinical Physiology Laboratory (NCPL ) is a section of the Clinical Laboratory. The NCPL staff mainly perform blood gas analyses for all patients at the Medical Center with some other tests for special populations. This is a STAT lab. Duties and responsibilities performed independently with follow-up by the supervisor and manager. Responsible for the overall quality assurance of the shift. Must possess knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of duties assigned to the position.
- Experience in performance of blood gases and pH analysis and have knowledge of State and UC policies in regards to laboratory procedures, quality control and safety issues
- Graduation from college with a major in an applicable natural science plus five year of experience in the kind of work to be performed or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Knowledges and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
- Ability to provide leadership for the shift and directs the workload to maintain the highest possible quality of care.
- Current California license for Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Equal Employment Opportunity
UCSF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
University of California San Francisco Medical Center - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
Careers at UCSF Medical Center
Join the team that has made us a global leader in the integration of research and new treatments —...