Responsible for performing pre-analytical and analytical testing and interpreting reports and patient results to ordering physicians. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist will perform DNA isolation, genotyping and sequencing of isolated DNA according to approved standard operating procedures. The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This position is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions for which the individual has demonstrated competency through performance.
- Responsible for testing and reporting laboratory test results for all test methods approved by CAP, NY and CLIA.
- Provides direct and constant guidance to Laboratory Technicians, Laboratory Assistants and Data Entry personnel as required by applicable state and federal regulations.
- Required to supervisor testing areas and other laboratory personnel as needed.
- May participate in process improvement activities such as quality, safety, document management and control, and proficiency testing.
- May assist with the implementation of test methods from internal and external sources.
- May interact with vendors on special projects such as test method validations and new equipment.
- Responsible for technical studies designed to improve or validate clinical laboratory testing methods.
- Reviews and maintains QC records and reports all problems to laboratory operations; Clinical Supervisor and/or Lab Director.
- Assists with instrument repair and calibration.
- Assists with advanced troubleshooting issues involving equipment, instruments and assay performance.
- Assists with training of other laboratory personnel as appropriate.
- Performs preventative maintenance and calibrations on laboratory equipment and instruments. Contact vendors to initiate maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of instruments and equipment.
- Perform instrument troubleshooting, repairs and quality control procedures.
- Monitors reagent and supply inventory.
- Prepares laboratory reagents and assay materials according to SOPs.
- Organizes patient specimen and assay worksheets/printouts for testing.
- Writes Laboratory documents such as Standard Operating Procedures and departmental forms as needed.
Bachelor's degree in Biological Science required;
Requires current California CLS license;
CGMBS is a plus
Data Entry and Microsoft Office skills highly preferred
Millennium Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify Participant. AA/M/F/V/D
- 2-5 years of laboratory experience
- Experience working in a high complexity CLIA/CAP environment
- Previous experience providing guidance and direction to other laboratory personnel is highly preferred